Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Being "Defriended", do you ever retaliate? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530523)

Burdzthewurd 10-24-2007 06:34 PM

Being \"Defriended\", do you ever retaliate?

Just noticed that an ok friend of mine (we'd talk once-twice a week, she was really open about everything and friendly) just blocked/defriended me on Myspace, Facebook, and an online journal site for no particular reason. No argument or fight with her, as the last time I spoke with her was about her recent ex-boyfriend who screwed her over and conveniently was also an enemy of mine. I'm not gonna go messaging death threats to her or sticking a banana in her tailpipe, but I am mildly annoyed. Does everyone else just shrug it off and move on, or have any of you done something irrational or at least humorously mean-spirited in revenge?

stabn 10-24-2007 06:35 PM

Re: Being \"Defriended\", do you ever retaliate?

Move on.

Burdzthewurd 10-24-2007 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, just wonder how some have the lack of conscience to just discard people who've done nothing wrong to them, at least to the point of blocking them and such. Meh.

Yobz 10-24-2007 06:42 PM

I feel like blocking/defriending someone takes more work than just not doing it. I bet there was a reason for this, I don't think I've ever defriended someone I wasn't actively mad at.

NT! 10-24-2007 06:45 PM

did you give any of her friends teh herp or something? yobz is right, you must have done something

mbillie1 10-24-2007 06:48 PM

I regularly purge my facebook list and defriend/restrict the access of everyone I'm not currently talking to because I hate seeing all of their stupid-ass news. Don't take it personally. Move on.

Vyse 10-24-2007 06:49 PM

Why do you care? If she was important to you, then get in contact with her some way and find out what happened. If not, whatever.

To my knowledge you can't really block people on My Space / Facebook, you just delete them. Someone blocking you on AIM is a sign that they don't like you. Someone deleting you may mean they're just indifferent and don't really care; I've deleted many people I've grown apart from / don't enjoy talking to anymore out of the blue, so it may not necessarily be negative.

neuroman 10-24-2007 06:55 PM

Brick her rear windshield.

Burdzthewurd 10-24-2007 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like blocking/defriending someone takes more work than just not doing it. I bet there was a reason for this, I don't think I've ever defriended someone I wasn't actively mad at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've only done it when a friend of mine continued to ignore me for no particular reason and it was time to just eliminate any thought of them whatsoever. She's pretty expressive and open, so if she was pissed at me I'm mostly sure she'd have said something. I bashed her ex because he was best friends with my ex-roommate who I had disdain for (she did too) and he wrote some retarded letter saying it was my fault I was a lousy roommate and was the reason the room stank at night (my roommate moved out eventually after I told him numerous times, and there's no nice way to say it, to wear deoderant because the room smelled horrible whenever he was there, and he refused to do so despite actually having deoderant). She knew all about this before so don't think it would have been a big deal.

mbillie,

I limit my newsfeed to status updates and try to keep them funny, so that's probably not it unless she hates The Boondocks or something. The application invitations do get fairly annoying, though.

GooseHinson 10-24-2007 07:15 PM

Her recent ex-bf who hates you probably got on her account and did it. Happens to me all the time.