Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   TPGK - value betting myself to death (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554974)

KCrow 11-26-2007 05:49 PM

TPGK - value betting myself to death

Villain is 51/6/3.11 - no reads

Is this a standard fold? Would it have been better to check the turn for some pot control. Or should I have c/c a reasonable sized bet on the river?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $50
MP: $50.75
CO: $57
BTN: $148.75
SB: $42.05
BB: $77.70

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, BTN calls $3

Turn: ($10.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7</font>, BTN calls $7

River: ($24.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $137 and is All-In</font>, Hero..........

derosnec 11-26-2007 05:52 PM

Re: TPGK - value betting myself to death

i would check river and call. what's going to call if you bet that you beat? A9/A2/A3/A5/A6/A7 probably are not calling on that scary board. If you check, he can bluff a missed draw.

AZplaya 11-26-2007 05:59 PM

I prefer block/fold over check/call on a somewhat scary river like this. Well played, now fold imo.

barabe 11-26-2007 06:03 PM

You gotta check the turn of the flop choose one... pot control. That provides more info +less risk +though it seems like your extracting less, most of the time your just losing less and preventing a difficult situation. This pot is way too big for a pair of aces with middle kicker...

samurai_jack 11-26-2007 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You gotta check the turn of the flop choose one... pot control. That provides more info +less risk +though it seems like your extracting less, most of the time your just losing less and preventing a difficult situation. This pot is way too big for a pair of aces with middle kicker...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand checking the flop. I'd go with betting the pot on the flop and then checking the turn. I'm not sure what happens after that though.

How many hands do you have on the villian for those stats?

gregorio 11-26-2007 07:21 PM

Pot control OOP isn't so easy because any made hand, draw or float will bet anyway.

Villain's line is strange, esp with AF=3.1. Would think they raise most draws, and raise good hands for value. If VPIP of 50 is calling with worse Ax PF and made 2 pair I would expect a turn raise, same for a set. Maybe they play A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] this way, because other backdoor spades don't make a lot of sense.

I don't mind c/c, but I wonder if he plays draws passive enough to wind up with missed hearts here? But I also don't think you get 3 streets of value out of your hand, so I don't know what he calls a bet with that you beat.