Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   OT: I am done at Party Poker...their support rep cried on the phone. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=27218)

ilya 02-02-2006 08:41 PM

Re: OT: I am done at Party Poker...their support rep cried on the phone.

Maybe he cried cos he's gonna lose his job over this.

bluef0x 02-02-2006 08:42 PM

Re: OT: I am done at Party Poker...their support rep cried on the phon

[ QUOTE ]
Excuse me, I don't believe I said it was because of the beta that the program crashed.

I am a little irked that you're blaming this on me.

And Durron, thanks for the words. I'll be seeing you soon I suppose?

[/ QUOTE ]

Then tell us what happened... because the beta is known to crash. It's crashed on me a dozen times.

SuitedSixes 02-02-2006 08:42 PM

I found this on the Forum for Party Poker Support Workers
[ QUOTE ]

This guy called and was screaming to me about his connection dropping and threatened to quit playing at Party because he pays *gasp* $12k in rake a year. Like losing him will be like taking a bucket of sand from the beach. So then I decided to get totally bizarre, so I say, and I quote: "Well, thank you for calling Luke. I *sniffle really *sniffle sniffle* hope you reconsider your decision, and Party Poker will *WHIMPER WHIMPER WHIMPER* really regret losing such a great player *CRIES*" Because, you know losing players totally comes out of my paycheck and I give a ratsass. Did I pwn him or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] You are right, they are jerks.

billxo1b 02-02-2006 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the Forum for Party Poker Support Workers

[/ QUOTE ]

link?[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

durron597 02-02-2006 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I call BS

skipperbob 02-02-2006 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found this on the Forum forHampster Owners Support [ QUOTE ]

This guy called and was screaming to me about his dropping his daughter's hampster and threatened to quit playing with it because he pays *gasp* $12k for new hampsters in a year. Like losing him will be like taking a bucket of sand from the beach. So then I decided to get totally bizarre, so I say, and I quote: "Well, thank you for calling 66's. I *sniffle really *sniffle sniffle* hope you reconsider your decision, and HampstersRus will *WHIMPER WHIMPER WHIMPER* really regret losing such a great person *CRIES*" Because, you know losing Donks like you totally comes out of my paycheck and I give a ratsass. Did I pwn him or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]FYP [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

IWEARGOGGLES 02-02-2006 09:02 PM

LOL skipperbob and SS really came through on this one.

AliasMrJones 02-02-2006 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was using the beta, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look dude, beta software is beta software. I don't care if you're paying $15 a month for a MMORPG or $125,000 for some database software. If you decide to use beta software you are accepting the risk that things may not work the way they are supposed to.

On top of that, you clearly don't understand the nature of the internet. Your ISP is NOT the only thing between you and Party. There are numerous segments of the route from your ISP to Party. If you run a traceroute, you'll see them. It is entirely possible that your ISP could so absolutely no problem with your connection to them and Party could have absolutely no problem on their side, but somewhere in between there could be a problem in the network with a company neither you nor Party work with that could cause you to lose connection to Party.

Frankly, if they had no problems with their servers or internet connection and you are using the beta client, you're lucky they offered you $25.

Could they offer you more to try to make a steady player happy? Yes. Are you entitled to more? I don't think so.

The4Aces 02-02-2006 09:13 PM

wow u owned partypoker.

pr0crast 02-02-2006 09:16 PM

Maybe I missed something, but it doesn't sound like you:

1) Tried closing and reopening the program
2) Tried restarting your computer
3) Called a friend to have them finish the set for you
or
4) Drove to an internet cafe