Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   10/20 online, JJ, possibly making a fool of myself on every street. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540141)

Anacardo 11-06-2007 11:42 PM

10/20 online, JJ, possibly making a fool of myself on every street.

Hero is SB with Jd Jc.

Nine-handed, folded to hijack, a laggy retard who imagines himself quite good. HJ raises. CO, who I haven't seen much but has weak-tightish TAG stats, threebets. Button, a kinda loose-aggressive preflop, passive postflop, gambool type, calls three cold. I cap, from the blind, against a nitty three-bettor. I'unno. Button folds.

Flop (17 SB) - 432, two clubs. I bet, HJ calls, CO raises, button folds, I call, HJ calls.

Turn - (11.5 BB) - Js. Holla. I check and immediately think to myself - I should've b/3b. HJ checks, CO checks behind.

River - (11.5 BB) Tc - I bet, HJ folds, CO raises, I call. I'm not sure two bets should go in here - a flush is very likely for my opponent.

goofball 11-07-2007 12:17 AM

Re: 10/20 online, JJ, possibly making a fool of myself on every stree

Did you think you were behind on the flop? Why did you just call? Anyway, I think you should 3bet this flop. Given that you didn't the turn is a great card to donk because overpairs will still think they're good. On the river just roll your eyes and call and hope you get shown TT.

PokerBob 11-07-2007 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero is SB with Jd Jc.

Nine-handed, folded to hijack, a laggy retard who imagines himself quite good. HJ raises. CO, who I haven't seen much but has weak-tightish TAG stats, threebets. Button, a kinda loose-aggressive preflop, passive postflop, gambool type, calls three cold. I cap, from the blind, against a nitty three-bettor. I'unno. Button folds.

Flop (17 SB) - 432, two clubs. I bet, HJ calls, CO raises, button folds, I call, HJ calls.

Turn - (11.5 BB) - Js. Holla. I check and immediately think to myself - I should've b/3b. HJ checks, CO checks behind.

River - (11.5 BB) Tc - I bet, HJ folds, CO raises, I call. I'm not sure two bets should go in here - a flush is very likely for my opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

checking that turn is a huge error given the draw-heavy nature of the board. i have no problem with calling the flop, as AKcc-AQcc has you killed, and even any AK-AQ has 10 outs to beat you. but when you call the flop you HAVE to donk a good turn card, and IMO there ain't any better than the jack of spades.

jskills 11-07-2007 09:40 AM

I like 3-betting the flop here. Then I lead the turn.

Given the way you played it, I lead the turn anyway. Bet / 3bet would be sweet if you can manage it, but allowing this turn to get checked through is sad.

When the club hits the river, I'm thinking I could be beat given the way the turn checked through. Check / call is fine. Given your description of CO, you'll see A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] almost every time here.

BadBigBabar 11-07-2007 01:05 PM

i think this is almost a must-3bet on the flop

nineinchal 11-07-2007 01:31 PM

Re: 10/20 online, JJ, possibly making a fool of myself on every street.

You played like a LAGtard all the way throughout this hand.

Bicycles_Biatch 11-07-2007 09:23 PM

Flop... whatever... turn MUST be a bet in my opinion.

OnlinePro 11-08-2007 10:15 AM

Online, strategy doesnt matter. If you feel as though you have been rivered, than you are right 100% of the time.

SNOWBALL 11-08-2007 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Online, strategy doesnt matter. If you feel as though you have been rivered, than you are right 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Anacardo 11-08-2007 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I did a serious WTF at that one.

Anyway. I very very rarely take b/3b lines and just made a stupid, robotic check, realizing right after I took my finger off the button that a b/3b line here was not only superior but mandatory. Stupid fugue states.

On the flop I really don't like where I'm at, getting raised by a weakish, nitty-seeming TAG after capping preflop. I doubt this cat is doing that terribly often with TT- and /or naked overcards. Basically I really want to spike a J or running A and K of clubs, with a vast preference for the former. And I do. But I manage to [censored] up the dream, sigh.

Rate your relative preference of the following river lines:

Check / Fold
Check / Call
Check / Raise
Bet / Fold
Bet / Call
Bet / 3bet

I realize some of the above are just absurd.