Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Harrahs Rake Increase (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546772)

Abe 11-15-2007 11:10 AM

Harrahs Rake Increase

Whats the latest info on Harrahs rake increase to $5?

In Las Vegas;
5 Ballys
5 Paris
5 Harrahs
5 Flamingo
5 IP

4 Caesars

? Rio
? any others

And what about other Harrahs around the country?
Missouri and Tunica are still $4.

pig4bill 11-15-2007 12:16 PM

Re: Harrahs Rake Increase

Harvey's in Tahoe was $4 plus $1 jackpot.

schwerd2 11-15-2007 12:53 PM

$4 + $1 jackpot at all the harrah's properties in atlantic city.

*TT* 11-15-2007 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats odd, I thought it went up to 5 already in AC. I hope this thread gives us a definitive answer on Harrah's rake policies, anyone know Jeffrey? Perhaps he will agree to respond.

chaos 11-15-2007 03:17 PM

I think Harrah's N.O. is $5 + $1 jackpot

sem25 11-15-2007 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats odd, I thought it went up to 5 already in AC. I hope this thread gives us a definitive answer on Harrah's rake policies, anyone know Jeffrey? Perhaps he will agree to respond.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is they want to remain competitive w/other rooms in AC, as they're still all at 4.

canis582 11-15-2007 07:02 PM

is it ten percent or like $3 at 40, $4 at 60, etc?

sem25 11-15-2007 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is it ten percent or like $3 at 40, $4 at 60, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

10% up to 4

Al_Capone_Junior 11-15-2007 10:46 PM

the real truth on harrahs rake increases

The real truth of the matter is that those running the poker program in harrahs senior management don't have the slightest clue. These are not poker people, they are corporate scum who have only succeeded in leading the way backwards in all aspects of poker.

This rake increase was one of the stupidest moves they have made yet. All of these rooms have lost considerable business, mostly from regular players and some from the more saavy tourists. The rooms wind up with fewer games, but the overall drop has probably remained about the same. In addition, there will be fewer players able to win at these rooms, and games that do get started will break faster. Non-winning players will lose faster and be more likely to give up sooner. In the long run, this will costs harrahs money, not make them more. It's a bad deal for everyone.

Because they won't ever see these effects, harrahs corporate idiots will keep patting themselves on the back anyway. Senior management has ignored any and all comments, suggestions and criticisms when it comes to poker. They don't even realize that harrahs is the laughing stock of the poker world (especially with the fiascos associated with every year they have run the wsop).

The only way complaints about higher rake will ever have any effect is if players fill out comment forms and turn them in. However, most just complain bitterly to the staff (who have no control on the matter) and then leave.

Al

chucksim 11-15-2007 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it was $5 for a bit a little while ago, but last I saw, it was back to $4+$1.