Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I thought this might be a good hand to post here... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=423990)

Gib 06-09-2007 09:18 PM

I thought this might be a good hand to post here...

villain is 53/15/0.6 W2SD: 65 after 70 hands
I have seen villain previously check thru last to act with a flopped boat after 3betting 44 PF (& of course I had to hit my [censored] lower set on the river!)
Also I don't consider this guy very smart at all.

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Turn: (2.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero?

Thoughts?

milesdyson 06-09-2007 09:27 PM

Re: I thought this might be a good hand to post here...

turn is between c/c c/f and open fold, not bet. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

NIX 06-09-2007 09:28 PM

I'd like to know if he c-bets 100% of the time unless he has a monster. If that's the case, I call down, potentially check/folding a river diamond.

If he can slowplay Ax or 7x on the flop or won't bet two cards between 8-K, then I 3-bet here, although his low AF seems to indicate he's probably not messing around here and this just isn't a semibluff with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]X or something similar. I'd really have a hard time putting him on just AA/77/A7 here unless those are the only hands he checks through on the flop with.

Aaron W. 06-09-2007 10:44 PM

The flop checking through is pretty bad news. I don't know how bad since dumb players may check through with AK to slowplay it. I'd rather bet-call, check-call than check-raise-call, check-call.

I can see reasons for check-calling the turn, but I can also recall times where I've seen villain check behind with 22 and call a river bet (playing to show down his pair as cheaply as possible). Given his very high W2SD, I only somewhat surprised by this.

If you put in 1-3 bets on the turn and river, I think it's fine.

marchron 06-09-2007 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
turn is between c/c c/f and open fold, not bet. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously?

unterfish 06-10-2007 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya srsly!1

bravos1 06-10-2007 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya srsly!1

[/ QUOTE ]

from you this is LOL.. I'm sure you b/3bet here.. ZOMG you have a flush!

disco_stu1978 06-10-2007 12:34 AM

I do not now why, but for some reason I am thinking C/C here, and maybe raising any kind of brick river?

is that bad?

unterfish 06-10-2007 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya srsly!1

[/ QUOTE ]

from you this is LOL.. I'm sure you b/3bet here.. ZOMG you have a flush!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is about right. But I would bet/call turn, but bet/3bet/fold river actually. And c-bet the flop obv.

Ivar 06-10-2007 07:28 AM

LOL,

@ unterfish;

bet/3bet/fold a river = AWFUL! After you made a 3bet, you definitely got to call 1 more to see showdown!