Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   mass effect (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543641)

ADK 11-11-2007 02:20 PM

mass effect

whats the big deal about this game? everyone is raving about it and really overhyping it.. i watched some videos and dont see what the fuss is about

anyone want to explain? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

nutsflopper 11-11-2007 02:21 PM

Re: mass effect

It's like halo 3 for dorks

ADK 11-11-2007 02:25 PM

halo 3 is really crap though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

chuckleslovakian 11-11-2007 02:34 PM

play Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights, Baldurs Gate, Baldurs Gate 2, Jade Empire, and then the answer becomes clear

nutsflopper 11-11-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
halo 3 is really crap though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

chuckleslovakian 11-11-2007 02:48 PM

As for an actual answer, a large part of the fun in Mass Effect will come from the choices the game forces you to make and the consequences they cause in the game world. Also a grand story and a good cast of characters are also standard for Bioware RPGs. Things that can not be shown in videos. But seriously, all those other games I mentioned earlier should be dirt cheap and are all rpg classics

Number27 11-11-2007 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for an actual answer, a large part of the fun in Mass Effect will come from the choices the game forces you to make and the consequences they cause in the game world. Also a grand story and a good cast of characters are also standard for Bioware RPGs. Things that can not be shown in videos. But seriously, all those other games I mentioned earlier should be dirt cheap and are all rpg classics

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually replaying Jade Empire right now. I wish I could save the whole thing to the HD and get rid of the load time.

Dire 11-11-2007 03:52 PM

Pretty much impossible to do an RPG justice in a screenshot, or even a short video/demo. Like others said, try out some of the other Bioware RPGs and you can get a pretty good feel for their style.

zyrrth 11-11-2007 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats the big deal about this game?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's the new bioware rpg

jah7_fsu1 11-12-2007 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
whats the big deal about this game?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
it's the new bioware rpg.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering the last console game released by them got a a 9.9 on IGN it's a pretty big deal on who it's coming from alone.