Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   ATo 3-flush board HU (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495177)

CrMenace 09-06-2007 05:23 PM

ATo 3-flush board HU

Here's one that I've tried to figure out on my own offline, but thought I would get everyone involved.

This was my very first hand at the table, so obv. no reads.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero???

What's the plan? I did some number crunching off line, and we are pretty close to 50% against a 99+, ATs+, AJo+, KQs pfr range. Any wider range and I'm ahead. So I should at least be c/c'ing the flop, but should I donk or c/r? If I c/c, is the best plan to c/r a safe turn?

I've stopped the action here so as not to bias the responses, but I will add more streets after I get home tonight if it's interesting.

Buzz-cp 09-06-2007 05:47 PM

Re: ATo 3-flush board HU

fwiw, this is why we don't call w/ATo in the BB w/o reads. I would fold it against all but the laggiest players.

Seeing as we're here, I am just going to bet out, and probably fold to a raise. The idea being that against a standard unknown, we will usually end up paying off with the worst hand.

Buzz

Christian_Peters 09-06-2007 06:20 PM

I don't think we should be making the range much wider than 99+, ATs+, AJo+, KQs pfr for a UTG raise at the nitfest 1/2 FR on Stars.

Whilst we may be 50/50 against his range, OOP with this hand on this board, I'm pretty concerned about RIO's.

This line may rarely be correct, but my intuition tells me c/c flop, and donk turn.

BigBadBabar 09-06-2007 06:29 PM

gosh i don't think i've ever folded ato in the bb

Xhad 09-06-2007 06:32 PM

I'd fold both streets but pf is very close.

neurotiq 09-06-2007 06:39 PM

Middle pair on a monotone board where I don't have a club...I pretty much always c/f this hand.

BigBadBabar 09-06-2007 06:41 PM

neurotiq, you need to learn that second pair is a pretty good hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Christian_Peters 09-06-2007 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
neurotiq, you need to learn that second pair is a pretty good hand HU [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

NIX 09-06-2007 08:51 PM

I check/call the flop and see what the turn brings. I think my hand is too good at this point to just check/fold and I don't want to raise and potentially fold if he gets aggressive with a big club (or get owned if he bet/calls, raises turn).

Aceium 09-06-2007 09:07 PM

I would be up for hearing more definition as to why second pair is a pretty good hand. You would take this to showdown?