Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***yankees official offseason thread***** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519047)

Matt Williams 11-10-2007 09:50 PM

Re: ***yankees official offseason thread*****

[ QUOTE ]
his power has been declining substantially in recent years and he's never been a big OBP guy. not a wise investment.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if Giambi is on the team, he can teach him how to 'roid up, get caught, and still play!

Sickboy 11-10-2007 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
his power has been declining substantially in recent years and he's never been a big OBP guy. not a wise investment.

[/ QUOTE ]

^ does not compute.

He only has two years left on his deal.
He won't cost us [censored] to get.

Rubeskies 11-10-2007 09:57 PM

Tejada will cost nada, is much better than betemit and will prevent us from doing something stupid like trading way too much for MCab.

Vyse 11-10-2007 10:04 PM

lol, Jose Tabata is nothing?

Matt Williams 11-10-2007 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, Jose Tabata is nothing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does it say they want Tabata? They want ML players like Farnsworth.

Sickboy 11-10-2007 10:12 PM

Farnsworth plus either a close to ML ready pitcher or position player probably get us Tejada. Jose is years from being ML ready

Triumph36 11-10-2007 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Farnsworth plus either a close to ML ready pitcher or position player probably get us Tejada. Jose is years from being ML ready

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you there.

the yankees would have to give up more than this for miguel tejada, and that .442 slugging percentage last year doesn't thrill me. as a third baseman tejada isn't looking all that great.

Matt Williams 11-11-2007 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you there.

the yankees would have to give up more than this for miguel tejada, and that .442 slugging percentage last year doesn't thrill me. as a third baseman tejada isn't looking all that great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well obviously there isn't going to be a straight up trade between Farnsworth and Tejada. But he thinks NY is going to trade Tabata for Tejada and no one is saying that anywhere. The artical mentioned Farnsworth, but the O's want MLB caliber players, now.

Rubeskies 11-11-2007 02:30 AM

Anyone think RHP Scott Linebrink would be a good fit for the Yanks to fill a bullpen hole?

rwperu34 11-11-2007 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone think RHP Scott Linebrink would be a good fit for the Yanks to fill a bullpen hole?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like Linebrink for the deal he'll likely get. The dip in k-rate makes for too much risk on a long term deal. The teams that are good at managing their roster will take one year flyers on Benitez/Foulke/Gagne/Percival/Wood or sign Codero/Dotel/Rivera.