Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Person to person transfers. [OP is a "MUST read", or be scammed!] (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=434828)

Oliver Nipples 09-19-2007 12:11 PM

Re: Person to person transfers. [OP is a \"must read\".]

[ QUOTE ]
I know this isn't allowed technically but, if anybody has like 5 bucks paypal i'd like to trade $5 epassporte/FTP for it (no need for you to pay fees) I need to buy a couple songs off itunes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you just buy the ITunes with your Epass Virtual Visa #?

Seven_of_Cups 09-19-2007 01:34 PM

Looking for $15 on UB in exchange for $15 on FTP. I have had one successful transfer with Clamper13.

sweetwater 09-19-2007 01:35 PM

i need 200 on ftp for 200 on stars, have had a successful transfer with kyleb

LetsGetItOn 09-19-2007 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know this isn't allowed technically but, if anybody has like 5 bucks paypal i'd like to trade $5 epassporte/FTP for it (no need for you to pay fees) I need to buy a couple songs off itunes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you just buy the ITunes with your Epass Virtual Visa #?

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't work.

Mother Mucker 09-19-2007 04:24 PM

I have about $250 on Stars I can transfer and I'm willing to give my name, number, etc. to put you at ease.

Shoot me a PM.

G-Diddy20 09-19-2007 04:31 PM

i need $42 on stars for $42 on tilt. I have traded with several on this forum before. get at me

G

sweetwater 09-19-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i need $42 on stars for $42 on tilt. I have traded with several on this forum before. get at me

G

[/ QUOTE ]

successful trade

PrimogenitoX 09-19-2007 06:02 PM

AIM EC172 is a scammer claiming to be munchkin_cat on ABS, asks for 1k on FTP and obv asks you to send first..the real munchkin_cat posted on 2+2 that this was not him

JayA 09-19-2007 06:41 PM

Need 2600 on FT for 2600 on Stars. PM plz.

Thinky 09-19-2007 07:35 PM

I sent money to botchman . He said he would be sending money as soon as he receives it. I have not heard anything at all. small amount but definitely fishy...hope I am wrong..

edfurlong 09-19-2007 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sent money to botchman . He said he would be sending money as soon as he receives it. I have not heard anything at all. small amount but definitely fishy...hope I am wrong..

[/ QUOTE ]

lol imo

Thinky 09-19-2007 07:53 PM

why the lol..? ok if I got scammed but just alerting others..like I said it was a small amount and this is the first time I am doing a transfer..

cardman 09-19-2007 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why the lol..? ok if I got scammed but just alerting others..like I said it was a small amount and this is the first time I am doing a transfer..

[/ QUOTE ]

He's NOT laughing AT you. He's laughing at the probability that botchman completes the transfer.

BigPoppa 09-19-2007 07:56 PM

botchman is listed as a scammer in the post a few above yours

Thinky 09-19-2007 07:58 PM

ugggh..I am an idiot..Can we ban such 2+2 accounts please?

sweetwater 09-19-2007 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This retard tried to scam me earlier, good luck getting your $ but I doubt it

DerrtySlime 09-19-2007 08:29 PM

to all the candians/euro and other fruitful nations outside the U.S.

i need to get my roll off stars which is about 1466. i want to switch it to party poker. do not holla if ur a newb with no reputation. will transfer in very,VERY small amounts so i dont get cheated.i will need ur real name, address phone number.

Seven_of_Cups 09-19-2007 08:40 PM

Just to let everyone know Potentialpro just scammed me half an hour ago. I was stupid and transferred first and right after I transferred the money he logged of Instant Messenger. His name on FTP is likesmoney and his e-mail is cheese_dee@hotmail.com

Clamper13 09-19-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to let everyone know Potentialpro just scammed me half an hour ago. I was stupid and transferred first and right after I transferred the money he logged of Instant Messenger. His name on FTP is likesmoney and his e-mail is cheese_dee@hotmail.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if that's a new name for the the well known CheeseDee = BallinPro = ace_acehigh on UB = Hopeful Upcomer = aces_acehigh at Stars

Insp. Clue!So? 09-19-2007 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like 90% of the scams would go away first if the initial sender simply insisted on dividing the transaction into 20% chunks. If the other end balks then no deal, and if he's still a thief you've drastically limited your losses and he's ruined his scamming days here. Granted it's more of a pain so maybe there should be a token vig added.

Seven_of_Cups 09-19-2007 09:01 PM

It was $15..no big amount.It's not the amount that bothers me. It's the fact that jerks like him taint the whole process. The fact that this community has people willing to help each other out shows that people are good. Then there are the small minded idiots out there who run scams like this and mess it up for everyone else. Clamper13 was nothing but great involving my first transfer but now that POTENTIALPRO showed me the other side I'm not sure if I ever want to transfer again.

Mike Haven 09-19-2007 09:06 PM

Yes, it is.

He is/was also aces_acehigh on FTP.

Tking4unc 09-19-2007 10:53 PM

I wouldn't swear off transferring, I got scammed my first go around but I really didn't do my homework before my first transaction. Just pay attention to post count and don't send first to someone that doesn't have multiple references and you should be fine. If theres anything I can do to help just shoot me a PM

SMiLEsCRiES 09-19-2007 11:27 PM

I need $20 on Moneybookers....Will send $25 on Party.

I'll send 1st.

Obv not to someone that just signed up this week...etc

Blake Kyles 09-20-2007 12:15 AM

Re: Person to person transfers.

I want to inform everyone about a scammer. He goes by screen name Cent on this forum (at least thats what he told me). His aim screen name is Centurianm77. The fulltilt accounts that he has that I know about are: mathew yankley, rachelmorris, and jpppp (not sure on the last name as I dont remember what it is specifically, but it looks somethign like that). However, he mentioned to me that he had something like 11 ftp accounts. His cake poker account is hooknladder.

kidjuggler 09-20-2007 05:43 AM

i have $50 on UB, trying to get the same amount on FTP - i will obviously pay first as long as you are a well known user or have good history with other transfers, send me a PM and i'll give u my AIM screen name or my cell #. thanks!

PrimogenitoX 09-20-2007 06:15 AM

If anyone needs FTP money for Stars let me know...trying to unload 14kish since FTP owned my soul and disallowed wire transfer on my account...successful large swaps with Pasterbator and Slider, moderator ZBTHorton as well...also if you want to purchase online funds for Bank of America deposit, inquire within!

BigPoppa 09-20-2007 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I need $20 on Moneybookers....Will send $25 on Party.

I'll send 1st.

Obv not to someone that just signed up this week...etc

[/ QUOTE ]
I can do this

luckychancer 09-20-2007 06:40 AM

Besides the obvious what are the common ways people try to scam others in this regard?

Looking to do some xfers from my FTP account to Stars and don't want to fall victime to anything from left field.

BigPoppa 09-20-2007 06:53 AM

Someone posted a lits of precautions you should take (like having the person sit down at a table with the money they're going to transfer to you and chat) previously in this thread.

Edit/MH: It's copied into the OP of this thread.

luckychancer 09-20-2007 09:40 AM

Ok I understand all that and those seem like very sensible precautions to take. The only way I can think of that someone would be able to scam another in this regard is by simply not honoring their end of the proposed deal after allowing the other to deposit first.

My question is are there other possible ways to be scammed besides this one? If so what are they so I can be on the look out.

Being quite to new to having to deal with strangers in transactions such as these I cannot think of any besides the obvious. Does not mean that there are not ways. Might add something to the thread having a 'scam checklist' as well as a list of precautions.

BigPoppa 09-20-2007 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My question is are there other possible ways to be scammed besides this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

The two ways to be scammed after a trade has gone through:

1) Trading on a site that allows transfers to be reversed after the fact (UB, Absolute, not sure of others). The ease with which Paypal reverses transfers is why you aren't allowed to post here for that.

2) Trading with a poker account that has been hacked or had money fraudulently deposited (i.e. someone deposits with a stolen CC, then swaps money with you to launder it). Hard to do much about this, which is why I won't trade large amounts with people new to 2p2 even if they send first.

Hope this helps.

Doom_Switch 09-20-2007 12:49 PM

Still looking to purchase 150 on Pokerstars since Echeck does not work. PM me. I have EBAY references. Will pay first.

rakes.a.beach 09-20-2007 01:47 PM

I'm looking for stars/FTP money. I have AP money. I will NOT send first, so don't PM me scammers. Willing to trade up to 3k.

reasons why I am credible:
I play 200NL regularly on AP.
I have over 5k in my acct.
I post pretty regularly on this forum.
I have paid off $50 to imsakidd for a prop bet in BBV.
Fees and I make trades regularly, but I've known him for a whle. We used to play 100NL together.

Tking4unc 09-20-2007 03:44 PM

Got $500 or so on Epass that Im trying to get on Stars... was moving my roll and can only put $1500 per 7 days, dont feel like waiting a week to put the rest on unless I really have to. Won't transfer first to anyone with less references than me, PM if you want Epass cash for Stars money

RPatterson67 09-20-2007 04:20 PM

I want to trasnfer funds from Stars to FT. PM if interested.

Clamper13 09-20-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to trasnfer funds from Stars to FT. PM if interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can trade with you.

What amount did you have in mind?

Strongline 09-20-2007 05:17 PM

I'm a medium stakes player coming over to Full Tilt from Absolute. My roll is close to $20K and I'm looking for around $10K on Full Tilt. I've got $14K-ish in my ePassporte account right now and unless you're a recognizable mid/high stakes player, I'm not really looking for a transaction to be completed online.

With that being said, I'm located in west Florida. If you're in my area (Tampa/Orlando) and you feel like you could help me out, please PM me. I've been reading 2+2 for a while, but just got around to registering/posting this week, and I realize there is a certain stigma that goes along with new accounts looking for $ transfer. Given the amount of money I'm looking to trade, realistically I'm only looking to meet up with someone in person to take care of it.

Long-winded post, I know, but I feel like it's necessary for me to explain my situation and to illustrate the fact that I'm a legitimate mid stakes player with a legitimate roll, looking for to meet with someone and exchange online funds. Please PM me if you feel like you can help, or if you know someone you may want to refer me to. Thanks guys.

Alex
Strongline (FTP)

ImsaKidd 09-20-2007 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking for stars/FTP money. I have AP money. I will NOT send first, so don't PM me scammers. Willing to trade up to 3k.

reasons why I am credible:
I play 200NL regularly on AP.
I have over 5k in my acct.
I post pretty regularly on this forum.
I have paid off $50 to imsakidd for a prop bet in BBV.
Fees and I make trades regularly, but I've known him for a whle. We used to play 100NL together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paid me vv quickly on the bet.

DeNutza 09-20-2007 09:15 PM

Just had a successful transfer from bigslicknuts for 500.