Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Venetial Pelazzo - opening delayed (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556405)

*TT* 11-28-2007 01:18 PM

Venetial Pelazzo - opening delayed

from Anthony Curtis's site:

"November 27, 2007 Palazzo Opening Postponed Originally scheduled to take bookings from December 20, we've just learned that the Palazzo will not now open until December 28. Anyone who has an existing booking at Palazzo for the week of December 20 will be contacted by the hotel and offered accommodation at the sister Venetian property next door."

that_pope 11-28-2007 03:36 PM

Re: Venetial Pelazzo - opening delayed

Eh, won't affect my Vegas trip which is Dec 7 through 9th. But it would make more sense to open after Christmas than before, since no one goes to Vegas that weekend...

BBMW 11-28-2007 04:14 PM

Yeah, but they probably would like to get it fired up and debugged before the New Years rush.

Photoc 11-28-2007 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But it would make more sense to open after Christmas than before, since no one goes to Vegas that weekend...

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't know much about Vegas during Christmas then, lol. I don't care what the ads will lead people to believe, these hotels are busy. It's not 99% occupancy, more like 85ish and that's still higher than any city in the US. It's not "dead" in Vegas like everyone thinks. These low rate offers for rooms fill the joints up.

Poshua 11-28-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You don't know much about Vegas during Christmas then, lol. I don't care what the ads will lead people to believe, these hotels are busy. It's not 99% occupancy, more like 85ish and that's still higher than any city in the US... These low rate offers for rooms fill the joints up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but if New Years brings slightly higher occupancy at much higher room rates, it still follows that LVS should care much more about being open for New Years than for Christmas.

*TT* 11-28-2007 04:56 PM

the 28th is a soft opening, there wont be any grand parties until weeks later.

Poshua 11-28-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A "soft opening"? Does Willy Bank have something to do with this?

goofyballer 11-28-2007 05:19 PM

Hey, didn't I learn about soft openings in Ocean's 13?

EDIT: lol, didn't get Poshua's post cause I forgot Pacino's character's name, now I'm just making a washed up joke [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

*TT* 11-28-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A "soft opening"? Does Willy Bank have something to do with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious? You never heard of a soft opening before Oceans 13? Its very common for service industries such as restaurants, bars, clubs, and hotels. I am going to the grand opening of Louis FishCamp on the 5th, it will be open for business for 3 weeks by then - a soft opening to work out all the kinks.

Poshua 11-28-2007 06:11 PM

I was joking-- I am and have been aware of soft openings from a young age.

Hm, that may have come out wrong.