Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Game selection post UIGEA (Slightly OT/LC) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520569)

Bikini Wax 10-11-2007 07:29 AM

Game selection post UIGEA (Slightly OT/LC)

I've been playing mostly live past year and I'm sorta out of touch with my online 6max game... and I'm slowly creeping back into the 5-10 Games doing decent for now.

Backtrack a year or so ago and game selection was easy, datamine, look for 35+VPIP and low PFR, sit and win monies.

Nowadays even in euro sites those type of players are rare - what are some stats/indicators you guys look for to peg Bad-TAGS?

Also looking for suggestions for my second line of stats on HUD, for now I use coldcall/WTSD/contbet/bb/100.

Discuss.

Trivial 10-11-2007 07:39 AM

Re: Game selection post UIGEA (Slightly OT/LC)

just play a lot. you'll soon recognize the tagfish if you're any good and once you're familiar with the regulars its safe to assume any player you have not encountered at the tables before is a fish so sit with them.

fitnessfreak 10-11-2007 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its safe to assume any player you have not encountered at the tables before is a fish so sit with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do not think this is the case anymore.

BobboFitos 10-11-2007 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its safe to assume any player you have not encountered at the tables before is a fish so sit with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, this is erroneous.

Bikini Wax 10-11-2007 08:44 AM

trying to find ways to identify bad TAGs without sitting down... :/

Janis N. 10-11-2007 08:49 AM

Datamine lots and look for bad winrates over significant sample sizes? Be prepared to buy a decent DB server though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

G_Dollaz 10-11-2007 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the originial statement is more true now than it ever was. Almost every player I don't arleady know turns out to be a donator, @ least @ the 2/4

Janis N. 10-11-2007 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]This is almost always true if he is single-tabling. If he is multi-tabling and with sane stats it is likely a 2+2er or similar who's just moved to your site - enjoy.