Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Pure river c/r bluff (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=474583)

BobboFitos 08-11-2007 11:07 AM

Re: Pure river c/r bluff

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you're bluffing with the best hand a lot here I think

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats kinda irrelevant since we can't call his river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not, jay riall?

MDMA 08-11-2007 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why not, jay riall?

[/ QUOTE ]

The B 08-11-2007 11:46 AM

you're not representing anything that will get him to fold any dry Ace...might look you up w/ Q9 K9 J9

DrMagic 08-11-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To be honest I can't see him folding anything but air here. Your line represents nothing imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So ridiculous obv he's representing an 8 and you'd be a fool not to checkraise the A river with an 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and how often does he show up with an 8 here? Not often enough to make him fold much of his made range I would guess.

ikestoys 08-11-2007 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ikestoys, all river c/r bluffs are by defition "pure" bluffs, since a semibluff extends itself to some outs (extra/hidden equity) that obviously on the river (with no card to come) does not exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol no [censored]....

ikestoys 08-11-2007 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To be honest I can't see him folding anything but air here. Your line represents nothing imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So ridiculous obv he's representing an 8 and you'd be a fool not to checkraise the A river with an 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and how often does he show up with an 8 here? Not often enough to make him fold much of his made range I would guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

a boat, 8 or a9 are the only hands i show up with here

fslexcduck 08-11-2007 01:38 PM

do me a favor, when you guys post c/r bluff hands, do it from the other perspective (and pick a medium hand in their range). every fking time it's always "you represent nothing blah blah blah", you guys are so full of it. he's representing an 8 or a boat and it's perfectly legitimate to play those this way. if i do this, however, i'm going to raise a bit more on the end... the bet sizing looks bluffy to me.

DrMagic 08-11-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you call a raise oop with A9 and lots of hands containing an 8?

KingDan 08-11-2007 01:50 PM

I think it's a good way to play an 8 , but at least for me I'm not defending that many 8x hands here. Given that, I don't have that many combos of legit hands to cr here.

Feel like it looks more like hmm, prolly don't have the best hand [censored] it i'll try to rep the ace.

king_of_drafts 08-11-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You ever peel flop with like AT-AK (on the off chance that you didn't repop pre)?