Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Person to person transfers (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=316227)

Beastmaster 01-27-2007 01:14 AM

Person to person transfers

Given this is still an option in NET, please post if you would be willing to receive a TR via NET and then TR to Stars acct? What type of kickback would be expected? $10-15 for your time?

Edit/MH:

"Let the Buyer Beware":

Any transfers of funds arranged with other forum readers are made entirely at your own risk, and Twoplustwo takes no responsibility whatsoever for the success or otherwise of such arrangements. From your own point of view, you should obtain the other party's real name and address and try to obtain references and any other relevant information before transferring your funds, preferably in sums which you can afford to lose if you fall victim to a scam.

viper930 01-27-2007 01:15 AM

Re: Peer to Peer transfer NET who do U trust ?

I'm pretty sure anyone who would end up doing it would ask for a % value

pokerpunchout 01-27-2007 01:19 AM

My sister in law lives in the UK attending school. If she set up a neteller account would I be able to transfer my money to her. She has a bank in the UK and a residence, but she is an american citizen.

Thoughts anyone?

celiboy 01-27-2007 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir are correct

Beastmaster 01-27-2007 01:20 AM

I would think some would just be willing to take 10-20 $ for a small amount of their time.

JackOfSpeed 01-27-2007 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir are correct

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know anyone would ask for a % of value rather than flat rate?

Homer 01-27-2007 01:22 AM

It is almost a lock that this is going to end with a bunch of people getting scammed.

viper930 01-27-2007 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would think some would just be willing to take 10-20 $ for a small amount of their time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Humans are inherently selfish. The posters here are also of above average intelligence, meaning they realize that without a transfer your $xxxxx = $0. Also, with the current situation it is not just time at stake.

Losing all 01-27-2007 01:24 AM

A 2+2 rush to this plan has trainwreck written all over it.

viper930 01-27-2007 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is almost a lock that this is going to end with a bunch of people getting scammed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you are an idiot and transfer to a new poster or someone who hasnt been confirmed to be trustworthy

MikeyPatriot 01-27-2007 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you are an idiot and transfer to a new poster or someone who hasnt been confirmed to be trustworthy

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I think there are a bunch of Euro/Canadian/etc. posters that can be trusted on here.

GRINDER123 01-27-2007 01:25 AM

I have over 50K in Neteller, would be willing to pay 1 to 2K from someone who can prove their trust to me to have my funds tranfered to their NT account and then to PS, then to my PS account.

please e-mail me at tdiddy75@gmail.com

Serious replys only...

Homer 01-27-2007 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you confirm someone to be trustworthy? Multiple intelligent 2+2 posters have been scammed by posters with 4-digit post counts and registration dates of more than 2 years ago.

Homer 01-27-2007 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I think there are a bunch of Euro/Canadian/etc. posters that can be trusted on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can QFT all day, but it is insanely easy to be scammed even if you aren't an "idiot". Tread carefully.

Losing all 01-27-2007 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GL, By the time you get your trusted guy lined up NT will have nixed this.

William 01-27-2007 01:27 AM

You guys need to calm down.
There is no doubt many will be offering to accept transfers but they will be ripping you off or in the worst case keeping your money.

If you do decide to go down that road, be extremely carefull.

goodguy_1 01-27-2007 01:27 AM

at least 1.90% plus fair value of the service since recipient needs to pay 1.90% of tranfered amount-an extra 2-3%. I was looking at 5% net including me paying for fees obviously but that was assuming a usd cashiers sent to me via fedex.

If I can go the Stars route which is much easier I would pay less ..ie 3%-4% net including me paying all netller fees..so an extra 1%-2%.

viper930 01-27-2007 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you confirm someone to be trustworthy? Multiple intelligent 2+2 posters have been scammed by posters with 4-digit post counts and registration dates of more than 2 years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

By not being the first person to do this kind of transaction with them. Many people will end up doing this if situations don't improve. I'm sure people who complete their transactions and didnt experience any problems would be glad to share feedback.

Also, do it in small quantities at a time, like 1k each transaction or something, reducing the incentive for someone to steal from you.

Losing all 01-27-2007 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have over 50K in Neteller, would be willing to pay 1 to 2K from someone who can prove their trust to me to have my funds tranfered to their NT account and then to PS, then to my PS account.

Serious replys only...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you out of your FING mind? Jesus christ, this is like the fall of Saigon.

kioshk 01-27-2007 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We trust 2+2 mods with our valuable posts; maybe one of these trustworthy gents will step forward to shoulder this noble burden.

thebeebster 01-27-2007 01:30 AM

what is NET?

Beastmaster 01-27-2007 01:32 AM

There are honest people on this site believe it or not that would do this for a small fee. Once they receive the TR via NET it would literally take them 10 minutes to TR on Stars.
I'm thinking of a last resort...and this may be it.

celiboy 01-27-2007 01:33 AM

Keep in mind that on peer to peer transfers, there is a 1.9% fee for the person receiving the funds.

Also, after a few of these transactions the sites might get suspicous as to what is going on.

thebeebster 01-27-2007 01:33 AM

oh, NETeller.

spatne 01-27-2007 01:34 AM

This is easy for me to say because I'm in the U.S., but anyone asking for more than $15 or $20** is gouging, IMO. Hell, I'd do it for free/voluntary donations if I were able to. I'm sure I'll get at least one reply about free markets and all that [censored], but the one thing the almighty market doesn't have is an ethic. I wouldn't feel good about skinning panicked balance holders for a % of their deposits simply because they're victims of a bad situation. Hopefully there are a handful of people out there who also see it this way. Unfortunately, I in the end, I think Homer is right. A lot of people are gonna get ripped off one way or another.

**on top of the 1.9% transfer fee, obv.

cobrakai111 01-27-2007 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Serious replys only...

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if I send you my resume and references of my old employers you will give me 50k? That's a solid deal.

pokerpunchout 01-27-2007 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My sister in law lives in the UK attending school. If she set up a neteller account would I be able to transfer my money to her. She has a bank in the UK and a residence, but she is an american citizen.

Thoughts anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone have any ideas about doing this. She IS a US citizen but resides in London with a british bank account?

GRINDER123 01-27-2007 01:37 AM

Of course I would only send some at a time, not the whole 50K people...think about it!!!

1C5 01-27-2007 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is easy for me to say because I'm in the U.S., but anyone asking for more than $15 or $20 is gouging, IMO. Hell, I'd do it for free/voluntary donations if I were able to. I'm sure I'll get at least one reply about free markets and all that [censored], but the one thing the almighty market doesn't have is an ethic. I wouldn't feel good about skinning panicked balance holders for a % of their deposits simply because they're victims of a bad situation. Hopefully there are a handful of people out there who also see it this way. Unfortunately, I in the end, I think Homer is right. A lot of people are gonna get ripped off one way or another.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a risk to the Neteller member/Stars member out of the US. Either Neteller or Stars WILL shut down their account (they might not keep it shut) for suspicious behaviour. This may be a pain to the person in Canada or Europe, etc.

You are naive if you don't think this will eventually happen.

William 01-27-2007 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Serious replys only...

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if I send you my resume and references of my old employers you will give me 50k? That's a solid deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those of us that have requested our deposit limit thru Neteller increased at stars, the new limits are:
10K/24 hours - 20K/week - 50K/month

Keep this in mind when/if dealing with somebody.

spatne 01-27-2007 01:41 AM

Which "sites" do you mean, and why would they care? FT and Stars want me to play there, so why would they care that I deposited within the rules? P2P transfers are legal, as are non-US Neteller deposits. The only way to get a site pissed off at you is to use them as an e-wallet without playing there.

Losing all 01-27-2007 01:44 AM

I'm not sure Stars will consider 300 hands of 1-2 and a few $10 sng's enough cover play to wash $50K.

Directrix 01-27-2007 01:53 AM

I am currently doing this for a few people on the forum. Obviously trust is a big concern, but I'm providing what I can. Too me the transaction is really nothing different than as if I was selling something on eBay.

brink 01-27-2007 01:57 AM

I would not reccomend doing this. There are already a few instances of players doing a peer to peer xfer, and then having their buddy send their funds to a gambling site.

Neteller closed their accounts because in their judgement it was activity that facilitated an American to be able to gamble online.

spatne 01-27-2007 02:00 AM

link/source?

brink 01-27-2007 02:09 AM

http://forums.lasvegasadvisor.com/me...AR_MSGDBTABLE=

_Towelie_ 01-27-2007 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://forums.lasvegasadvisor.com/me...AR_MSGDBTABLE=

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how many "Neteller closed my account!" posts we'll see in the next 24hrs?

1C5 01-27-2007 02:20 AM

This is the truth, I tried this and my account has been frozen.

Fat Nicky 01-27-2007 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the truth, I tried this and my account has been frozen.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, there's an idea we can all squash, thanks to celiboy for putting the effort in to try to do this...

goodguy_1 01-27-2007 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the truth, I tried this and my account has been frozen

[/ QUOTE ]
wow are you serious??

more information please if possible.