Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Daybreak - Anyone else watching? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=261369)

bobman0330 11-16-2006 12:02 AM

Daybreak - Anyone else watching?

The series is basically Groundhog Day, but instead of flirting with girls, Taye Diggs goes around getting into gunfights with people. It's not perfect, but it looks like a good Lost fill-in.

Russ M. 11-16-2006 12:05 AM

Re: Daybreak - Anyone else watching?

Just beat me to this thread. Dunno how I feel about it yet. I agree it seems like a good timeslot filler however it was pretty confusing. Why did the bullet stay in his arm yet when he shaved it grew back? Seemed like they wanted to establish that anything that physically happens to him remains there.

GrandmaStabone 11-16-2006 12:05 AM

i have been putting in a marathon poker session today so i didn't catch it. i will probably check it out tomorrow. did it have a LOST preview? I'm not expecting much based on the other ABC try-hards (invasion, the 9), but the premise is interesting.

GrandmaStabone 11-16-2006 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did the bullet stay in his arm yet when he shaved it grew back? Seemed like they wanted to establish that anything that physically happens to him remains there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds promising

disjunction 11-16-2006 12:09 AM

Yeah I liked it. Ground Hog Day as a TV show is a good concept. Incidentally, there was a TV movie that came out as the exact same time as Groundhog Day, was it on ABC or Fox?

I have no idea what's going on though. You kind of figured Assistant Director Skinner will be good and the Firefly guy will be bad.

bobman0330 11-16-2006 12:10 AM

There was a Lost scene, but it was one I'd seen before.

Russ,

Has the feeling of sloppiness to me. Kind of like how no one except Taye Diggs is the only one who can shoot worth a damn. The scene where the one guy with an assault rifle spent ten minutes trying to shoot the three guys 10 feet away from him without accomplishing a damn thing was pretty funny.

disjunction 11-16-2006 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
did it have a LOST preview?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. They said the preview is on abc.com, too, I think.

disjunction 11-16-2006 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just beat me to this thread. Dunno how I feel about it yet. I agree it seems like a good timeslot filler however it was pretty confusing. Why did the bullet stay in his arm yet when he shaved it grew back? Seemed like they wanted to establish that anything that physically happens to him remains there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah builds the suspense when he's in danger. Here's a dumb question. Do we think that the murder plot will explain why he keeps living the same day over and over, or are they unrelated?

econophile 11-16-2006 12:35 AM

pilot was well done and entertaining

will be interesting to see where it goes from here

DrNo888 11-16-2006 03:35 AM

Liked it and will watch again.