Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   9 Player Turbos Imbalanced? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=339177)

LuckayLuck 02-23-2007 04:32 AM

9 Player Turbos Imbalanced?

So I just had a thought...
I feel like 9 player turbos are imbalanced in favor of village. By 9 player turbo, we're talking:

2 Wolf
1 Seer (w/n0 peek)
6 Village

Proposition: in a 9 player game, the seer should never get a n0 peek. (It may actually be imbalanced in favor of village even without the n0 peek, but it should at least be slightly better for wolves then)

Lynch Village d1
Eat Villager n1

D2:
Seer [comes out with 2 villagers]
Confirmed villager x2
Wolf x2
Village x2

Let's suppose village lynches village.

N2: Wolves eat seer.

D3: MUST LYNCH
Confirmed Villager x2
Wolf x2
Villager

basically, if the wolves don't eat the seer n1, and don't eat one of the people the seer peeked n0 or n1, the village is guaranteed a confirmed villager in final 3 and probably lynches a wolf before then anyways.

Yaddayadda variance seer could be eaten n1, , wolves could eat a peeked villager. Or, other way, seer could peek a wolf. Or both. zomg.

Anyways, down with the n0 peek in 9 player games!

soah 02-23-2007 04:52 AM

Re: 9 Player Turbos Imbalanced?

villages don't win 90% of turbos, wtf are you talking about

soah 02-23-2007 04:55 AM

however, I do thing the standard games here rely too much on the seers telling ppl the answers instead of making the village actually figure stuff out, and I would be in favor of redesigning the games so that the seer is less important (such as replacing the seer with an angel, etc)

FCBLComish 02-23-2007 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
however, I do thing the standard games here rely too much on the seers telling ppl the answers instead of making the village actually figure stuff out, and I would be in favor of redesigning the games so that the seer is less important (such as replacing the seer with an angel, etc)

[/ QUOTE ]

With no seer, who does the angel protect?

soah 02-23-2007 05:34 AM

who cares

LuckayLuck 02-23-2007 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
out-think the wolves
protect who you think they would kill

FCBLComish 02-23-2007 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
out-think the wolves
protect who you think they would kill

[/ QUOTE ]

Out think the wolves??? I cannot even out think myself!

Nicholasp27 02-23-2007 11:07 AM

luckay, u do realize that day THREE is must lynch if we get villagers d1/d2...so seer has to come out on day TWO or else u get dueling seers...

so u are saying they should only get ONE peek before they have to come out...that's insane

11 person turbos give u one more day so u get the same 2 peeks as in a 9er...

to say no n0 peek would grossly shift the balance over to the wolves...right now it's pretty even in terms of who wins the games...it IS balanced

dmk 02-23-2007 11:11 AM

the other board lastchance and i play on does 9-persons like this:

2 wolves
1 sorceror

1 seer
1 hunter
1 priest (they do no role-reveal)
3 vanilla

and for n0, they give a random negative view for sorceror/seer (i.e. sorceror gets randed anyone thats not seer, and seer gets randed anyone thats not wolf). also, their seer only returns wolf/non-wolf rather than full role info.

i don't particularly like that setup at all. but i figured i'd post it in case it gives anyone some good ideas to go off of

dmk 02-23-2007 11:12 AM

also, they allow wolfchat 24/7 in all their games