Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Sniper's Unofficial 2+2 Post Count Analysis (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=101460)

Sniper 05-01-2006 01:45 AM

Sniper\'s Unofficial 2+2 Post Count Analysis

Figured I would share some of what I'm looking at, in case any of the other Mods find it as useful and interesting, as I have...

April '06 Avg Post Count/Day by Forum:

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8...april062dt.jpg

durron597 05-01-2006 01:47 AM

Re: Sniper\'s Unofficial 2+2 Post Count Analysis

That is sick, consider P&OG is still not in the sidebar. Go werewolf!

diebitter 05-01-2006 01:49 AM

POG is a really good place to hang out. People are fun AND FRIENDLY, and it's a pleasure to play in there. I'm still to play a werewolf, though.

I wish I had been a free mod when Durron was after a second. Not that JaredL isn't a good choice - it's all going great - I just find myself at a loose end... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[censored] 05-01-2006 01:51 AM

it's good to be king

diebitter 05-01-2006 01:52 AM

You got a dump of March there, Sniper? I wondered how things have changed.

diebitter 05-01-2006 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it's good to be king

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Can I call you [censored] still?

Dynasty 05-01-2006 02:00 AM

The Internet Magazine is doing really poorly.

Poor promotion?

JaredL 05-01-2006 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Poor promotion?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the case. The sad thing is that most posts after the first week of the month are from newbies and get moved. I'm not sure what can be done to promote it better. I'd be curious to know how many people actually read it but I'm not sure Mason/Chuck would release that info even here.

Jared

JaredL 05-01-2006 02:13 AM

BTW my prediction for number of posts is that POG will pass OOT within a few months after it hits the green bar. Now it's only a small fairly tight community but there are often times, especially at night on the west coast/early AM in the east, when there are about 7 or 8 that want to play WW and that's not quite enough to get a game going. When it hits the bar and the number of willing players goes up there will be more games.

The post count is somewhat artificial in that the game is played pretty much like chatting so the posts are pretty much all one or two lines. It's similar with other threads there like the word association thread. It's still impressive how well the forum has taken off despite not being visible to most people.

Jared

[censored] 05-01-2006 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Poor promotion?

[/ QUOTE ]

what internet magazine?

Sniper 05-01-2006 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Poor promotion?

[/ QUOTE ]

what internet magazine?

[/ QUOTE ]

May issue is up

diebitter 05-01-2006 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW my prediction for number of posts is that POG will pass OOT within a few months after it hits the green bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that'll also be in part to the dulling down of the new OOT. It's definitely a lot tamer with the new rules, and is starting to look tired and 'old man' rather than juvenile hi-jinks already. However, that's probably a good thing in terms of site image, so that's cool. I get my kicks in POG now, anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Sniper 05-01-2006 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW my prediction for number of posts is that POG will pass OOT within a few months after it hits the green bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that'll also be in part to the dulling down of the new OOT. It's definitely a lot tamer with the new rules, and is starting to look tired and 'old man' rather than juvenile hi-jinks already. However, that's probably a good thing in terms of site image, so that's cool. I get my kicks in POG now, anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously haven't seen... this thread

diebitter 05-01-2006 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You obliously haven't seen... this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. My faith is now restored [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

FeliciaLee 05-01-2006 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Poor promotion?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think so. Maybe it would be helpful if one of the admin's did a sticky at the top of every forum at the beginning of the month to remind people to go take a look at the mag. Cola, Mat? Sound feasible?

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

SamIAm 05-01-2006 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it would be helpful if one of the admin's did a sticky at the top of every forum

[/ QUOTE ]I guess. I'd like a sticky reminding people to go to the Software forum, too. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I think the main reason people don't go to the magazine FORUM is that we already have forums for strategy talk. That doesn't mean the MAGAZINE is doing poorly, though.

I read (most of) the articles in every magazine. I don't think I've ever posted in the magazine forum, though.
-Sam

Grunch 05-01-2006 10:27 AM

damn, we get a lot of traffic...

Mat Sklansky 05-01-2006 03:40 PM

There's 1800 people on right now. Over 1900 earlier. these beat our previous record by over 200 people. Does anyone know why this is happening today? Did we get some publicity I don't know about?

stabn 05-01-2006 04:17 PM

The new magazine is out mat! (i have no idea).

Mike Haven 05-01-2006 04:18 PM

Could it be the Russians, winding down after the Parade?

stabn 05-01-2006 04:20 PM

April showers bring may flowers?

MicroBob 05-01-2006 04:27 PM

all the boycotting protestors in the U.S. are at home surfing 2+2??

zeejustin is multi-accounting on 2+2 now??

[censored] 05-01-2006 04:35 PM

Mat,

I started a thread in OOT yesterday, anytime this happens you are bound to see a spike

stabn 05-01-2006 04:43 PM

Maybe one of these days you'll make a new one in the mod playground then? (I need new replies so i can shank more posters).

diebitter 05-01-2006 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mat,

I started a thread in OOT yesterday, anytime this happens you are bound to see a spike

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, it's cos I had a day off work today [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Sniper 05-01-2006 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mat,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

May Day Holiday in London is certainly one likely cause... the immigrant rallies in the US may be an indirect cause on top of that.

stabn 05-01-2006 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mat,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

May Day Holiday in London is certainly one likely cause... the immigrant rallies in the US may be an indirect cause on top of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

No idea how this could in any way positively effect the hits of a poker forum.

Sniper 05-01-2006 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did say "indirect"... street closings, business closings, etc... cause more people "inside"...

stabn 05-01-2006 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did say "indirect"... street closings, business closings, etc... cause more people "inside"...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah but uh a lot of people in the street, marching, yelling, watching it on tv...I don't think even indirectly this makes any sense whatsoever.

Mike Haven 05-01-2006 07:58 PM

There's only one sure proven way to find out.

Who's gonna set up the poll?

Sniper 05-02-2006 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Poor promotion?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think so. Maybe it would be helpful if one of the admin's did a sticky at the top of every forum at the beginning of the month to remind people to go take a look at the mag. Cola, Mat? Sound feasible?

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even better, might be to use the line at the top of the page used to announce maintenance... Just put a comment up there that the new issue has been released with a link, and keep it up for a couple of days.

Sniper 05-02-2006 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah but uh a lot of people in the street, marching, yelling, watching it on tv...I don't think even indirectly this makes any sense whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll just note that posting traffic in the Politics forum was much higher than usual today [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Some other hot topics today... Playoffs in Sports & MTT team challenge

Sniper 05-02-2006 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's 1800 people on right now. Over 1900 earlier. these beat our previous record by over 200 people. Does anyone know why this is happening today? Did we get some publicity I don't know about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat, Do you have an official max user count for OOT today, I believe it crossed the magic 300 barrier

btw.. did the new books coming out recently get posted on Amazon?

MicroBob 05-02-2006 03:55 AM

Right.

I forgot that it's Labor Day in much of the world (europe and latin-america I believe).

For some reason, I've been noticing slightly higher traffic on the online poker sites on some mondays too.
Party was over 100k players tonight which might be a first for them.

Doesn't seem isolated to just 2+2 I guess.

diebitter 05-02-2006 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat, Do you have an official max user count for OOT today, I believe it crossed the magic 300 barrier

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy moley. I just saw there are 286 right now on OOT! At 2pm! Lotta people, people!

Sniper 05-02-2006 02:33 PM

We went over 1900+ people again today... and max users yesterday was actually 2032.

Sniper 05-02-2006 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did we get some publicity I don't know about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat, btw... 2+2 was mentioned on Lou Krieger's radio show last week, during his Zee Justin interview... there was likely dscussion on RGP... link to the radio show segment audio

Sniper 05-02-2006 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy moley. I just saw there are 286 right now on OOT! At 2pm! Lotta people, people!

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT at 327 readers [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

diebitter 05-02-2006 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

OOT at 327 readers [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

340 right now. A thread falls off the front in 3 minutes [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I know cos mine just did [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

stabn 05-02-2006 05:23 PM

Change your page settings [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Still in the top 20% of my first page.