Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   are TURBOS a CRAPSHOOT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549543)

smallcardsbigpot 11-19-2007 04:36 AM

are TURBOS a CRAPSHOOT

anyone here think that turbos are a crapshoot? I mean, in MTTs i play very tight early and then can usually make the top 10 or top 15 then it becomes a total luckdraw. im talking in the 45 man or the 180 man. i know u gotta take more chances when ur deeper in the field, but would u guys say that REGULAR tournaments are more profitable as opposed to the turbos?

KingDan 11-19-2007 04:36 AM

Re: are TURBOS a CRAPSHOOT

not the way i play them

Yoshi63 11-19-2007 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...but would u guys say that REGULAR tournaments are more profitable as opposed to the turbos?

[/ QUOTE ]

On a per tournament basis, yes. But keep in mind they don't take as long, so you can play more in a given period of time. Not saying either is more profitable than the other, it's just comparing apples and oranges.

timex 11-19-2007 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in MTTs i play very tight early and then can usually make the top 10 or top 15

[/ QUOTE ]

This may help you

Boise123 11-19-2007 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in MTTs i play very tight early and then can usually make the top 10 or top 15

[/ QUOTE ]

This may help you

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

smallcardsbigpot 11-19-2007 05:04 AM

i do not understand is there something wrong with my game? lol

Soulman 11-19-2007 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not at all, if you usually make top 10/15 you're pretty damn banging.

nath 11-19-2007 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, if you play real tight early and make it to the top 1/3 or so and then don't cash or close out. you are probably missing lots of spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

smallcardsbigpot 11-19-2007 06:24 AM

I dont know what to say... i dont exaggerate when i say about 80% of the time i end up making top 10 in a 45 man and cash about 1 in every 4 or 5. but i do play out of my bankroll and cant stick to tournies and lose lots at cash. lol. i play low stakes though so its not much a problem. im just wondering if u think its better to play the longer structure rather than the 5 min turbos... especially if im just playing tight and waitin for a hand.

ZBTHorton 11-19-2007 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know what to say... i dont exaggerate when i say about 80% of the time i end up making top 10 in a 45 man and cash about 1 in every 4 or 5. but i do play out of my bankroll and cant stick to tournies and lose lots at cash. lol. i play low stakes though so its not much a problem. im just wondering if u think its better to play the longer structure rather than the 5 min turbos... especially if im just playing tight and waitin for a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can promise you. With 100% certainty, without a shadow of a doubt, that you do not finish in the top 10 of 45 man MTT's 80% of the time.

You really should write down some sessions, see how far off this number is(I suspect...quite a bit) and then re-evaluate whether you think your playing these properly.