Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Live $10// AQ in a strange spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543162)

Super Villain 11-10-2007 08:21 PM

Live $10// AQ in a strange spot

I played a 8 handed $10 SNG at a friends house the other day when I ran into this hand.

Reads: MP Villain I have never played with before. He definitly seems better than most of te field and plays a TAG style. He has only showed down 2 hands where he had KK busted. And an AK on a board of kkx where he took a donk to valuetown on all 3 streets. ~t15,000

SB Villain. I have a lot of expeirience playing this villain. We have played a ton of home game poker over the last 3 years. He plays tight agressive as well but has some fundamental flaws in his math portion of the game. He plays on instinct which sometimes leads him down the wrong path. ~t8,000

Hero has about ~t12,500 and has a TAG image

Blinds are 150/300

utg folds
Hero raises to 1,100 w/ A Q
MP Villain raises to 3150
3 folds
SB Villain calls (?????)
BB folds
Hero calls

FLOP: 2 Q 10

SB Villain bets 3,000
Hero????

Here are the ranges that I can give our Villains

SB has one of 3 hands. 10/10, JJ, or A/Q. AQ is not likely and has no equity as it will be a chop. JJ=we are way ahead// 10/10= we are way behind.

This bet leaves me sandwiched between him and mp villain

His range is more broad as this is the first tim I have played w/ him. I can give him JJ-AA, 10/10 on occassion.
A/K as well.

The question is this: Given the fact that I am about 50/50 against the bettor's range, how should I play in relation to MP Villain's range. Obviously this is a push or fold. Can we lay this down?

Also I planned on folding preflop to the 3 bet untill the flat call came from the sb. Is this standard? Any other Lines I can take w/ this?

Thanks in Advance!

Super Villain 11-10-2007 10:18 PM

Re: Live $10// AQ in a strange spot

(CRICKETS)

Double Ice 11-10-2007 10:25 PM

fold pre after the raise and flat, given you call, dont fold flop

Slim Pickens 11-10-2007 10:27 PM

This all started to go bad when you overcalled a re-raise OOP with AQ. SB could easily be doing what everyone does all the time: put everyone else on AK. He could be leading with KQ or JJ. QQ he probably shoves preflop and TT he checks to c/r. You're ahead of very little a good player is re-raising preflop there, just AK really. Shoving is probably worst. At least a call might get an overcall out of the one hand you're beating. If you're folding a Q-high flop anyway, why even see the flop?

Folding to the re-raise or even open-folding AQ UTG+1 avoids this situation.

Super Villain 11-10-2007 11:01 PM

I HAD A FEELING THAT THAT WAS THE CONCENSUS. ONCE I GOT TO THE FLOP AND REALIZED THAT ANY DECISION THAT I MADE FELT WRONG, I FIGURED THAT A FOLD P/F IS THE BEST.

ANY OTHER THOUGHTS?

Super Villain 11-10-2007 11:50 PM

WELL. I RAISED ALL IN. MP VILLAIN DAMNS HIS LUCK AND FOLDDS KK. (ZOMG?????????) SB CALLS AND SHOWS JJ, I HOLD UP. OVERALL I KNEW I PLAYED BAD, BUT GOT LUCKY AND WON THE TOURNAMENT AFTER THIS MONSTER.

OH WELL, ILL PLAY BETTER AND LOSE NEXT TIME I GUESS