Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Ever fold TPTK on the flop? Example inside. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555378)

Oblivious 11-27-2007 04:37 AM

Ever fold TPTK on the flop? Example inside.

I think this is a good example of a reverse implied odds hand. What would you do on the flop?

Full Tilt 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero?

tyler_cracker 11-27-2007 04:49 AM

Re: Ever fold TPTK on the flop? Example inside.

yes good fold.

OziBattler 11-27-2007 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes good fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo!

LukeSLTS 11-27-2007 10:13 AM

With no reads you can fold.

rhayder 11-27-2007 10:28 AM

Grunch:

You aren't heavily invested in the pot yet.. but you could be if you were to call.. With out the flush draw to go with this hand I would fold.

britspin 11-27-2007 01:44 PM

With the CO before you, this is a good fold but what if the CO just called and didn't raise?

After all, Reverse implied odds applies when the pot is small, and this one is getting quite big.

You'll likely be ahead if the A or 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] comes on the turn. the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is a horrorshow.

We could discount a raise, because ther's little chance any draw is backing down and there are so many ways you're beat.

but you've got 4 outs or 11.5-1. When the first bet comes to you it's 11-1 - very marginal, but there is the small chance you're ahead now.

Would there be a case for a peel here, with a turn check/fold if it's not one of your 4 clean outs?- or should it be a fold even without the CO raise?

bozlax 11-27-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You aren't heavily invested in the pot yet..

[/ QUOTE ]

Your "investment" in the pot is meaningless. There is really no equivalent to the NL concept of being pot-committed in limit play.

brit:

[ QUOTE ]
Would there be a case for a peel here, with a turn check/fold if it's not one of your 4 clean outs?

[/ QUOTE ]

If CO just called, I'd at minimum call. More likely, I'd raise for a free card, yada yada. It'd be AWESOME to turn A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and have it checked to me.

neurotiq 11-27-2007 02:51 PM

Fold it.

BadBigBabar 11-27-2007 03:07 PM

boz why would you raise for a free card? if we have the best hand it's a value raise and we're betting most turns, no?

bozlax 11-27-2007 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
boz why would you raise for a free card? if we have the best hand it's a value raise and we're betting most turns, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd consider checking behind if a card in the kill zone falls on the turn, just as I'd consider folding if bet into on the same card, esp from late position. It's a positional free-card.

Offsuit 7 I'm betting.