Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Two suggestions for the coming upgrade (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554209)

Warren Harding 11-25-2007 03:55 PM

Two suggestions for the coming upgrade

1) Allow Mods to put people on "probation". This means prohibiting posting privileges for a limited time due to dickishness/rule breaking. It bets the trichotomy of warning users, locking threads and banning users. The Something Awful fora have success doing this.

2) Allow posters to apply "tags" to threads in addition to posting it in the correct forum. For instance, I may post in FR-NL and provide the following tags: OOP, OESD, deepstack, 50NL. Searching tags is better than just searching text alone. dailykos.com does this with success.

jman220 11-25-2007 06:27 PM

Re: Two suggestions for the coming upgrade

[ QUOTE ]
1) Allow Mods to put people on "probation". This means prohibiting posting privileges for a limited time due to dickishness/rule breaking. It bets the trichotomy of warning users, locking threads and banning users. The Something Awful fora have success doing this.

2) Allow posters to apply "tags" to threads in addition to posting it in the correct forum. For instance, I may post in FR-NL and provide the following tags: OOP, OESD, deepstack, 50NL. Searching tags is better than just searching text alone. dailykos.com does this with success.

[/ QUOTE ]

With Regards to #1, we do that all the time already. Its called being "temp-banned." The majority of our bans are temporary, and for a specific period of time.

XXXNoahXXX 11-25-2007 06:29 PM

Regarding #2-

T-minus ten seconds until eviljeff links to his post on the subject.

Warren Harding 11-25-2007 07:06 PM

I understand that eviljeff proposes to replace the forum divisions with tags (expressed in such a way to provoke some people). I see it differently. The tags' purpose would be to sift for topics within a forum.

I calculated this thread would not be significant enough to troll, so I hope it does become a learning experience to the contrary.

BluffTHIS! 11-25-2007 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I calculated this thread would not be significant enough to troll, so I hope it does become a learning experience to the contrary.

[/ QUOTE ]

No ATF thread is too insignificant to troll. At least not for tud.

tuq 11-25-2007 07:25 PM

Bluff,

Your mom is a troll. But that's OK, I get good and liquored up first. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

onoble 11-25-2007 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With Regards to #1, we do that all the time already. Its called being "temp-banned." The majority of our bans are temporary, and for a specific period of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not what he means about #1... when you are temp banned you cant read the site either. He i advocating a ban where you can read the site but can not post.

tub 11-25-2007 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bluff,

Your mom is a troll. But that's OK, I get good and liquored up first. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, It's really Bluff's dad that I have the hots for.

tup 11-25-2007 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bluff,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LDO, IMO.

flying_tuq 11-25-2007 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bluff,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LDO, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can fly!