Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Beat: ESPN piece on gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529720)

TheProdigy 10-23-2007 07:26 PM

Beat: ESPN piece on gambling

Damnit, this show they are playing on ESPN about gambling is [censored] horrible and they are grouping poker in with it. Kids that kill themselves because of gambling debt with sports aren't a loss, that is just natural selection. Jesus.

P.S. This thread sucks.

shaundeeb 10-23-2007 07:27 PM

Re: Beat: ESPN piece on gambling

you're niave to not think the same things happen with poker

kkcountry 10-23-2007 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're niave to not think the same things happen with poker

[/ QUOTE ]

grimstarr rocks the noose?

kkcountry 10-23-2007 07:30 PM

oh and OP plays full ring, he's already dead on the inside

TheProdigy 10-23-2007 07:43 PM

Yes, I am most def. dead on the inside.

I did not group them together though, I was saying that they are grouping Poker with Sports Gambling and saying that both are things where people always lose all their money, when in fact neither are like that. But they treated both like they were Roulette or something.

Anyways like I said, people who cannot handle this game are just plain stupid and it is their fault. It is not ESPN or anyone else's fault but their own. It is just stupid to group all gamblers with the problem gamblers and to say all the problems would be solved by mostly idiotic measures.

mdm13 10-23-2007 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I am most def. dead on the inside.

I did not group them together though, I was saying that they are grouping Poker with Sports Gambling and saying that both are things where people always lose all their money, when in fact neither are like that. But they treated both like they were Roulette or something.

Anyways like I said, people who cannot handle this game are just plain stupid and it is their fault. It is not ESPN or anyone else's fault but their own. It is just stupid to group all gamblers with the problem gamblers and to say all the problems would be solved by mostly idiotic measures.

[/ QUOTE ]
you can be +EV at sports betting too...

shaundeeb 10-23-2007 07:50 PM

are you retarded you know how many people go broke from poker and sports betting way more then roulette.

Eagles 10-23-2007 07:53 PM

The thing is smart people who put in time and effort can beat sports betting and gambling, but most people don't fit in that category.

ScoobyDooo 10-23-2007 07:56 PM

i got a bit of entertainment from the piece

TomHimself 10-23-2007 07:58 PM

i feel bad for the dudes 2 roomates. wtf