Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   $50 NLTRN, Ace high on 3flush turn, facing OVB shove (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556155)

how_can_losing? 11-28-2007 02:44 AM

$50 NLTRN, Ace high on 3flush turn, facing OVB shove

<font color="blue">Reads: I've played villain once before, months ago, and I don't remember him. I won, apparently. His stats are 59/8/2.4 (58 hands). Obviously he seems loose pf and pretty aggro postflop. This is only the fifth hand of this match. </font>

If you want to read the first four hands, here they are:
<font color=" blue">H1: He limps OTB, calls raise to 75 total (blinds are 10/20), folds to 120/150 bet on </font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
H2: He calls my pfr and donks psb on 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4:club and I fold.
H3: He limps OTB, calls psb on T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], raises huge when I double barrel 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn and I have to fold my OESD.
H4: He calls a raise and 95/120 on Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], folds to 2/3 psb on 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] turn.

Onto the hand:

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Ultimate Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

<font color="#C00000">Button (t1490)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t1510)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Button calls t10, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t75</font>, Button calls t55.

Flop: (t150) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t120</font>, Button <font color="#C33">instacalls t120</font>.

Turn: (t390) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t1295 (All-In)</font>, <font color="blue">Hero actually thinks about calling??</font>

Sexy? Pure spew?

ChicagoRy 11-28-2007 03:01 AM

Re: $50 NLTRN, Ace high on 3flush turn, facing OVB shove

I fold here. Seems he's more of the instigator in aggression and I think calling is probably -EV here.

You might want to think about double barreling the turn, however. I'd rather see that against this player than the hero call above.

Kalledrengen 11-28-2007 07:52 AM

I agree with ChicargoRy, I don't call here either. You need to be really sure he is capable of doing this without a real hand. If anything double barral does sound better here, but giving up is alright.

sonneti 11-28-2007 08:06 AM

I fold since we have loads of chips and can wait for a much better spot.

how_can_losing? 11-28-2007 11:49 AM

Okay, consensus is a clear fold. I agree.

I called--tilting?--and villain had black J8 for 14 outs (30% equity, LOTS of FE obv).

I called because I was overly optimistic that he was capable of floating on that flop (he instacalled) and shoved pretty fast, and I thought he did not want a call. I figured he had a draw with a heart and was surprised that he had two black cards.

I posted because although I won, I was thinking about the hand afterwards and decided calling was a very bad decision in the long run, and I'm glad you guys confirmed it.

I haven't reviewed the earlier game I played with him, and MAYBE I could pick up a good enough read to call this, but I doubt it. I'm glad I won but not happy that I made a bad decision here.

What do you think of villain's play? It's actually not a bad move (although betting 3/4 pot might be better, unless I have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or something), given that he has to put me on overcards/pair, right?

thanks guys,

HCL

IcarusJam 11-28-2007 11:53 AM

Hmmm...I like your read, stick to it later and fold. Half pot flop, c/f to his All in.

devin mac 11-28-2007 01:04 PM

icarus hits it on the head. i like your read, but it doesn't change the fact there's a pair on the board, potentially a made flush, and you have ace high. unless i'm insanely confident that he'd do this with air more often than not, i think i can get away form this one without losing too much sleep.

double barrel this one is probably the best line, but i am probably too passive to do it after he flat calls my flop bet and a third heart falls out of the sky...