Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Showtime's "Californication" (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=479560)

J.Brown 08-17-2007 12:37 AM

Showtime\'s \"Californication\"

did anyone else check this out after the season 3 premiere of weeds?

i thought it was 30 minutes of brilliance and david duchovny was great. there were several scenes that were both shocking, pathetic, and genius all rolled into one.

not sure if the storyline will have staying power or not, but it will make for one great season if they continue on with the hot naked girls and really dark and dry humor that the one hit wonder author/main character spews at everyone around him. any other thoughts on this show? seems like a good fit for many of the edf'ers with good senses of humor.

cheers. J.

Yeti 08-17-2007 08:26 AM

Re: Showtime\'s \"Califronication\"

i started a thread about this a while back in oot if you wanna dig it out

J.Brown 08-17-2007 01:34 PM

ty yeti.

i am the worst with the search feature.

El Diablo 08-17-2007 02:17 PM

J,

Any good show deserves its own thread here. Speaking of that, someone should make a "Mad Men" thread.

I recorded this one, will check it out this weekend.

KRANTZ 08-17-2007 04:58 PM

oh man seriously OP? this was just horrible television (and i'm inclined to want to like it since a friend is an assistant to the writing staff).

the one saving grace was when that girl was riding Hank and decided to sock him in the face when he was about to bust. that was laugh out loud funny.

LearnedfromTV 08-17-2007 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
J,

Any good show deserves its own thread here. Speaking of that, someone should make a "Mad Men" thread.

I recorded this one, will check it out this weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

good show, only seen a couple, but it's on my dvd-purchase list, which is the only way I watch good tv shows anymore anyway.

J.Brown 08-17-2007 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh man seriously OP? this was just horrible television (and i'm inclined to want to like it since a friend is an assistant to the writing staff).

the one saving grace was when that girl was riding Hank and decided to sock him in the face when he was about to bust. that was laugh out loud funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

i will admit i really wanted to like it.
it has a ton of elements that i look for in a show, but that being said i thought there were several very good very very funny moments.

the opening scene. great and shocking.
the punch. obv.
his total destruction of the girl on the dinner date.
daughter at the party scene.
a bunch of his interactions w/x-wife.

that is more good moments than some shows have in a season.
horrible tv or not iyo, i think it has hope to be brilliant.

ps. el d--mad men is good, but i am a few eps. behind.

pss. sorry for the misspelling in the title. i drank a really good bottle of wine with dinner and was drunk and blissful on ribeye. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

shaniac 08-17-2007 10:36 PM

I thought it was really well written and acted.

Shoe 08-17-2007 11:08 PM

I thought the show was ok. Good enough that I will continue to watch it.

Even the really good shows usually take me 3-4 episodes minimum before I can really get into a show, mainly because I get a better feel for the characters.

PerDoom 08-18-2007 06:25 PM

I liked it a lot.