Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Live $1/2: A:heart:Q:Heart: facing big turn bet, whats my line? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543336)

Diamond Lie 11-11-2007 01:34 AM

Live $1/2: A:heart:Q:Heart: facing big turn bet, whats my line?

Live 1/2

Its a new table, so I usually play tight. I might 3-bet this after a few orbits depending on the table, but I decided to just call in position.

I have $250 behind me. Villain has like $400+. PF there is 1 limper, hi-jack raises to $12. I call w/ A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button. There are 4 people to the flop.

<font color="red">Pot:$50 </font>

<font color="blue">Flop: </font> A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Checked to PF raiser, who leads out for 25. I call. Maybe should have raised? Everyone else folds and we are h/u.

<font color="red">Pot:$100 </font>

<font color="blue">Turn: </font> A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain leads for $65. I ...

lank4ever 11-11-2007 03:10 AM

Re: Live $1/2: A:heart:Q:Heart: facing big turn bet, whats my line?

Call always? I never play live.

River is where it is interesting.

orange 11-11-2007 03:28 AM

I would 3-bet a large majority of the time.

Flop I don't mind raising/getting it in.

Turn I don't mind raising/getting it in.

Casper05 11-11-2007 03:46 AM

3-betting this hand live is a mistake I think...but I guess it depends on image/villain etc.

Just call down/VB if he checks.

lank4ever 11-11-2007 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is getting it in on the turn because live play is much looser than online and you expect to be called by worse. Or is this standard for you online too.

I think I get three barreled by worse a lot more often than called by worse on the turn, but maybe that's an image thing. Basically against worse aces on a non club river I think he will check call, and flush draws may 3 barrel on a non club. If you shove the turn what money are you getting that you wouldn't get on the river. Obviously a river club could scare him/ make you fold the best hand when he bluffs.

Once on the turn I like calling and calling a non club river. 75% of the time I would 3bet preflop, but if I call preflop I also call the flop.

orange 11-11-2007 03:51 AM

Calling/calling river is also fine. I guess PF is fine but meh. TPTK is the nuts live.

Diamond Lie 11-11-2007 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PF and Flop I definetly raise if I know its a loose table. Its my first few hands at the table so I dont know yet.

I just wanted to see how weak folding or just calling the turn was. It feels really wrong folding the turn...

jlocdog 11-11-2007 05:06 AM

Raise that turn up. The only reason I don't mind a flop call is if you plan on jacking a blank turn. 5d fits the bill. Make it happen. If you continue to play passively, you miss a ton of value on the river or you are put in a bad spot on the river with given stacks. Money needs to go in before then...

phantom_lord 11-11-2007 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3-betting this hand live is a mistake I think...but I guess it depends on image/villain etc.

Just call down/VB if he checks.

[/ QUOTE ]