Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   HSP - Jamie Gold, I don't hate him anymore (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=503764)

inyourface 09-18-2007 12:43 PM

HSP - Jamie Gold, I don\'t hate him anymore

I will probably get flamed for this but what the hey. After watching HSP and seeing JG at the WSOPE I really do think he has had a bad press over the last year and a half. I did at first hate his guts, yes I was jealous he was $12M richer than me, but mainly annoyed how arrognat he appeared.

Since then though I think he's less arrogant (on top of his dad dying) and I have now forgiven him (which I'm sure means absolutely zero to him) but still I was wondering if anyone's opinion is still sour?

Considering the other idiots on the poker scene at the moment like Micon, Khan and Molina, JG asking if you have it doesn't bother me at all anymore.

I will say again I'm not basing this on one HSP episode I went to watch the WSOPE and thought he and the rest of the filed were much nicer people in person than they appear on TV.

Anyone? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Veil 09-18-2007 12:52 PM

Re: HSP - Jamie Gold, I don\'t hate him anymore

Most are far too quick to judge. It's plain embarrassing for the human kind to be this moronic and pathetic to judge someone from watching them in an edited form for just a few hours.

inyourface 09-18-2007 01:03 PM

If thats a dig at me I agree with you, I should never have judged him from TV alone. Just trying to rectify things I've said lol. At least he doesnt angleshoot etc. etc.

Veil 09-18-2007 01:13 PM

No worries. It wasn't to you; just a general comment. Glad to see the Gold hate is finally dying down a little bit. About time.

NicksDad1970 09-18-2007 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At least he doesnt angleshoot etc. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

SWOOOOOOOOSH

Mr_Mxyztplk 09-18-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No worries. It wasn't to you; just a general comment. Glad to see the Gold hate is finally dying down a little bit. About time.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait a min. , is this Jamie?......lol

xxrod17xx 09-18-2007 02:05 PM

I still don't like him. I think hes bad for the game of poker and its image in the US Govt. Mainly because of the understanding of the luck factor in tourneys was greatly inhanced by his win. Also his negative actions at the table and stupidity give the game a bad image.

I am sure hes a great guy, and I have nothing against him as a person but I feel he is not good for the game and ESPN and GSN and NBC should probably refrain from giving him max face time.

xxrod17xx 09-18-2007 02:05 PM

On the other hand he prob brings more donkeys into the game that are going to act/play like him

charliecozz 09-18-2007 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still don't like him. I think hes bad for the game of poker

[/ QUOTE ] I don't like him either and still haven't forgiven him for being such an obnoxious douche at WSOP 2006.

TheWorm967 09-18-2007 05:45 PM

actually my opinion is also starting to turn around on jamie. I don't mind him as much and respect his excitement and passion for the game.