Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Swings in NLCASH (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=465184)

TNixon 11-08-2007 04:27 PM

Re: Swings in NLCASH

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be in for as much as I can afford if you could find a way to make this legit...which is unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]
I second this.

Or third it.

Or seventh.

Or whatever we're up to now.

No way in hell you make it through 30k hands without a downswing bigger than 4bi without a guardian angel over your shoulder telling you when to fold.

TNixon 11-08-2007 04:42 PM

If you play HUSNGs on a site tracked by sharkscope, we can turn this into something verifiable. 30k hands is going to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 games.

If so, I would be willing to put money down that at some point in your next 500 games, you will have a downswing bigger than 4bi. I'd probably be willing to give you 6, 8, or maybe even 10.

SwingVelvet 11-08-2007 09:44 PM

you're right. it'd be very hard to trust me, and i never said good players don't experience downswings... it was just for fun

i also don't think i'm playing any where near perfect.

but i am taking the ego out and stop playin gwhen i encounter tough opponents

and it's so full of fisshhhhh

the bet idea was just for fun

SwingVelvet 11-08-2007 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're right. it'd be very hard to trust me, and i never said good players don't experience downswings... it was just for fun

i also don't think i'm playing any where near perfect.

but i am taking the ego out and stop playin gwhen i encounter tough opponents

and it's so full of fisshhhhh

the bet idea was just for fun

[/ QUOTE ]

another thing I do is when I know i am playing against a bad player, they can get lucky on me and win 4 buyins but they usually get greedy stay on the table forever and eventually go bust.

the hit n runs are usually for 40 bucks, maybe 100, but when you start rebuying 3 or 4 times, people usually get greedy

i've busted people that were 8 buyins ahead of me before

i am very honest with myself when it comes to game selection and it goes both ways, if I KNOW this guy sux, i'll stay at the table and eventually they go bust

daveT 11-08-2007 09:51 PM

There is an online tracking software that I always see in bbv. I think it works exactly like PT, and you can't lie on it. People do data mine and sell the info these days. Actually, someone could data-mine all the sessions if the bet was still legit.

PureDiesel 11-09-2007 12:40 AM

INSTA-CALL. I was right he IS joking.

SwingVelvet 11-09-2007 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
INSTA-CALL. I was right he IS joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

no i'll take the bet. let me know

TNixon 11-09-2007 04:48 AM

It would be a little silly for anybody to take you up on your bet at this point.

[ QUOTE ]
i've busted people that were 8 buyins ahead of me before

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people would consider dropping 8 buyins an 8 buyin downswing, regardless of whether it happens in a single session or across multiple sessions.

And you've never had an 8 buyin downswing, right? I mean, if you're so confident about not ever dropping 4 over 30k hands...

Majik 11-09-2007 07:57 AM

Meh just post a graph already SV

BlueSmurf 11-09-2007 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most people would consider dropping 8 buyins an 8 buyin downswing

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I wanted to say that ... me [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Oh well, as long as someone said it. There's a Zen-like beauty to its crystal-clear logic.

Cheers,

Smurf