Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   400NL Argh - AA on the button and some idiot just shoved on the turn! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546935)

AMadison 11-15-2007 06:59 PM

Re: Aaargghh - AA on the button and some idiot just shoved on the turn

The preflop raise is a little small IMO also. However, that isn't the question you put out in this hand, so I want to focus on the original question...do you call in this spot?

I think this is a pretty easy and straightforward fold.

We really don't beat much and have no chance to improve (only an Ah really helps us safely). What hands is a villain making this bet with... he's either betting big to protect his hand (a made small flush that he doesn't want you to draw against). Or is betting with a large amount of outs against us (around 13+ with a club draw and some pair/piece of the board).

It is highly unlikely he would bet a pair here without at least having the club...and even the 2c is good enough.

So even when we are ahead now, we can expect to lose 1 in 4. Because we can assume we are losing every time we are behind (due to the in ability to improve), we have to be good 2/3 of the time for this to be a break even bet.

Me personally I think it is more accurate that we are behind 2/3 of the time here as opposed to ahead 2/3 of the time.

BigDan9 11-15-2007 07:18 PM

Very nice analysis, mate. I basically agree and, although I'm not sure I managed to get to quite that level of detail in the 20 seconds allowed, I folded.

p.s. Note to self: Increase re-raise size to decrease the number of difficult decisions like this.

Acevader 11-15-2007 07:28 PM

As you now see you could make your post-flop decisions so much easier here by raising to say $65 preflop. If villain calls there is around $134 in the pot on the flop and around $330 left to play for. Assuming you continuation bet for around $100 (which you should) then you have a no brainer call if he pushes because you are well beyond the commitment threshold.

If he pushes, the math of it is that you have to call around $230 to play for a final pot of approximately $790 thus you have to win showdown 29% of the time to break even. No problem at all with AA played this way and you don't even have to get to a difficult turn card before the money is in the middle [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

CalledDownLight 11-15-2007 09:04 PM

This is still a call guys. The only hand that makes sense that beats us is TT. Flush draws are jamming the flop. Sets don't play like this. You are looking a pair with a club here almost all the time. If any of you can provide me with a reasonable range that says we are beat then feel free, until then its a call. I'd make it $52-56 preflop.

Makonnen 11-15-2007 10:35 PM

I don't really think this is a "reasonable" range, but it does beat us. You're getting 1.8:1 on the call, so you need about 36% equity, and you only have 20% against this range:

Board: 3c 5s 2c Tc
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 20.102% 18.89% 01.21% 482 31.00 { AhAs }
Hand 1: 79.898% 78.68% 01.21% 2008 31.00 { KK+, QcQd, QcQh, QcQs, TT, 55, 33-22, AcKc, AcQc, AcJc, AcTc, Ac9c, Ac8c, Ac7c, Ac6c, Ac5c, A4s, Ac3c, Ac2c, KcQc, 64s, AcTd, AcTh, AcTs, A4o, 64o }

coordi 11-15-2007 11:12 PM

Villains shove range here is pretty big imo because your line screams AA/KK. Id probly call and deffinately 3bet larger pre.

Lansingg 11-15-2007 11:49 PM

call