Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Luckyjimm busto (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557845)

OnYourBike 11-30-2007 08:25 AM

Luckyjimm busto

What a loser. So impulsive.

http://luckyjimm.blogspot.com/

Friday, 30 November 2007
Gambling my rent money was not a good idea. By breakfast without going higher than $1/$2 I'd lost £400 I could just about afford to lose, through bad play and beats. Having phoned the landlord yesterday for his bank details, I tried to transfer him the £450, only for the online banking website to say because of a new security measure I first needed a pin service card, which they would send me in the post. I foolishly made another deposit, in the knowledge that I have an £88 withdrawal coming through. Then when I lost that, I deposited again, telling myself I would win, withdraw, and pay my rent a few days late on Tuesday, using the pin card as my excuse. Although what would have stopped me from depositing the money again on Tuesday, I don't know.

As it is, I am now in for £815. I have £40 left in the bank, which I need to live on. My rent, which I said I'd pay today, is £450. I have $215 on a $2/$4 table. It was $550 a few minutes ago but I just fell for someone's weak lead and made a large turn bluff when my hand had missed and his had got there, and had to fold. There are two Buddylisted players on my table, though, so if I can keep my composure I'd like to stay here. It's hard, because another part of me thinks I should just cash out what I've got left, and see if a combination of friends will lend me the difference.

I ordered a replacement credit card yesterday, for one I have with a £400 limit. The pin came today, forwarded by my mother. Hopefully the card should come early next week, so I might potentially be able to use that.

This is the biggest disaster since the last big disaster! And so utterly unnecessary.

21SuicideKing21 11-30-2007 08:27 AM

Re: Luckyjimm busto

about [censored] time

OnYourBike 11-30-2007 08:29 AM

The funniest part is he's only been living with his new room-mates for a week. Can't pay the rent after 1 week is gonna go down like [censored] sandwich.

Triple_J 11-30-2007 08:33 AM

Everything was going too well, wasn't it Jim? You had your trip to Paris, moved to city and all that. As much as people like to read Busto stories, I personally feel for you. People have said this before, but I say it again: You're playing way beyond your bankroll, and let's face it, your skill-level. Move down, enjoy playing risk-free and enjoy living in London, making easy money at an easy job.
Take care Jim

LucidDream 11-30-2007 08:35 AM

shocker

Jamsym 11-30-2007 08:37 AM

This is the most shocking news since the sun rose this morning.

wigga 11-30-2007 08:40 AM

bad br management?

automat 11-30-2007 08:55 AM

this would be a sad story if he hadn“t told everybody how he spent like 1500 $ on a hooker about a week ago. knowing that, it“s just so funny i can“t stop loling. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

btw: he isn“t busto right now. give him 5 mins.

update btw:

Losing today's rent money was not a good idea. By breakfast without going higher than $1/$2 I'd lost £400 I could just about afford to lose, through bad play and beats. Having phoned the landlord yesterday for his bank details, I tried to transfer him the £450, only for the online banking website to say because of a new security measure I first needed a pin service card, which they would send me in the post.

I foolishly made a small deposit, in the knowledge that I have an £88 withdrawal coming through tomorrow. When I lost that, I deposited again, telling myself I would win, withdraw, and pay my rent a few days late on Tuesday, telling the landlord about the pin card as my excuse. Although what would have stopped me from depositing the money again on Tuesday, I don't know. I kept on depositing and losing.

Finally, I have lost £815. Looking at PokerTracker, I lost on 14 of the 15 tables on which I played, and "won" $26.97 on the other one. I did not cash out even once - paralysed by the thought of how much I had already lost, I forgot that I would best recover my losses by withdrawing incrementally, not in one go. I have just £40 in the bank which I need to live on. My rent, which I said I'd pay today, is £450. Five minutes ago I had $550 on a $2/$4 table but it's now gone.

I ordered a replacement credit card recently for one with a £400 limit. The pin came today, forwarded by my mother. The card should come early next week, so I may potentially be able to use that.

This is the biggest disaster since the last big disaster! And so utterly unnecessary. So in my first few weeks back in London I've lost all my money, broken my bike, on which I'm utterly dependent, and failed to go swimming more than once

Oh, and I started smoking again.

EWS87 11-30-2007 08:57 AM

id really be shocked if people care about this...luckyjimm was never someone who has made a run or has ever been successful...to the best of my knowledge his biggest roll has been like 5K so is this really news?

Kriber13 11-30-2007 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the biggest disaster since the last big disaster! And so utterly unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Priceless!

glimmertwin 11-30-2007 09:01 AM

What's the line on the date for his moving back in with his parents?

Quagmyer 11-30-2007 09:03 AM

new years?

auc hincloss 11-30-2007 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bad br management?

[/ QUOTE ]

UOTFY..

understatement of the [censored] year.

LucidDream 11-30-2007 09:04 AM

dec 2 is a much better line...under on new years

kemystery 11-30-2007 09:05 AM

wait, what?, I thought he's a pro and has reportedly also silenced all doubters as well

PostBlindUTG 11-30-2007 09:11 AM

at least he is 100% alive!

Jim i send u $50 - pm me anything so i can send!

Frelo 11-30-2007 09:34 AM

Anything you'll send to him will be lost within the next 6 hours/days/weeks... He's not a poker player, he's an addict.

Sad, very sad story. Should be like a warning for all of us.

mr.bum 11-30-2007 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sad, very sad story. Should be like a warning for all of us.

[/ QUOTE ]
If u need to use jim as a "warning" u r just as pathetic as he is.common sense FTW.

Zaid_Ahmed 11-30-2007 09:55 AM

I cannot understand why any of his friends would want to bail him out this time round? It might seem harsh but I have no sympathy whatsoever. He's made no attempt to try and improve his game, which is clearly awful, and shows no respect to his friends, family and the online banking world.

blankoblanco 11-30-2007 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I cannot understand why any of his friends would want to bail him out this time round? It might seem harsh but I have no sympathy whatsoever. He's made no attempt to try and improve his game, which is clearly awful, and shows no respect to his friends, family and the online banking world.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, for a second i forgot the topic and thought we were talking about mike matusow

zen_rounder 11-30-2007 10:02 AM

how the [censored] can you live in london with less than like a grand a week ££££££. its the most expensive place in the world. you would need to be a solid 10/20 regular mimum to play poker and affords to live in london..busto and your gonna be homeless fast

Frelo 11-30-2007 10:04 AM

You should see how precautious I am with my bankroll...

I mean, one of my grandfathers used to smoke opium (back in the 30's when Vietnam was a french colony) and spend days inchained in a hut to get rid of it ; this story has always been in my mind when using drugs... Used to smoke pot but always refused cocaine for instance.

"warning" was maybe misused, forgive my english then.

Zaid_Ahmed 11-30-2007 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how the [censored] can you live in london with less than like a grand a week ££££££. its the most expensive place in the world. you would need to be a solid 10/20 regular mimum to play poker and affords to live in london..busto and your gonna be homeless fast

[/ QUOTE ]

You need around £1000-£1500 per month (not including rent/mortgage whatever) to have a better than decent lifestyle. But rent is very high and a reason why I will probably try and find my own place next year.

zasterguava 11-30-2007 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need around £1000-£1500 per month (not including rent/mortgage whatever) to have a better than decent lifestyle. But rent is very high and a reason why I will probably try and find my own place next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

errrr. He has a pretty decent job where he earns about $40 per hour. And its a shared apartment so according to his blog rent is only 1 weeks wage.

Sucks that he has no control and is always desting to go broke with the stakes he plays. I have sympathy for him but at his age he should just pack it in whatever it takes. He's not a teenager anymore unlike some of us.

blankoblanco 11-30-2007 10:17 AM

less concern for others, more hunger for degeneracy please

zen_rounder 11-30-2007 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
errrr. He has a pretty decent job where he earns about $40 per hour. And its a shared apartment so according to his blog rent is only 1 weeks wage.

[/ QUOTE ]
well in that case lucky jim just dabbles playing small stakes for the fun of it.he isnt going broke proper is he.if i was him id save 10k up and have a proper shot at it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] yes thats what i thought, incredibley expensive cost of living.dearest property prices in the world ect.there was an article on msn news this week about renting actually becoming cheaper longterm than mortgages in some areas for the first time ..

inyourface 11-30-2007 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you cant afford London you must be what we British call a 'mug'

zen_rounder 11-30-2007 10:46 AM

i suppose the average wage in london is significantly higher then the rest of the uk to cover your insane cost of living..if your make your money off poker entirley then it seems like you would be a mug to live there. plenty other much nicer european cities to live in at a fraction of the cost.

Lori 11-30-2007 10:50 AM

Starting smoking adds $300-400 a month to expenses, just to make things tough.

<font color="white"> Lori </font>

parker_posey 11-30-2007 10:52 AM

One Eye'D Jimm

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...cial-class.jpg

Quanah Parker 11-30-2007 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The funniest part is he's only been living with his new room-mates for a week. Can't pay the rent after 1 week is gonna go down like [censored] sandwich.

[/ QUOTE ]

no kidding.
back in the day, I kicked out folks in this situation.
It's a lot easier to kick out worthless roomies in the first few weeks, after that it's like trying to remove an embedded tick.

never quit jimm, keep the faith

Zaid_Ahmed 11-30-2007 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i suppose the average wage in london is significantly higher then the rest of the uk to cover your insane cost of living..if your make your money off poker entirley then it seems like you would be a mug to live there. plenty other much nicer european cities to live in at a fraction of the cost.

[/ QUOTE ]

The average salary in London is probably around £30k pre tax. Lets say you earn £22k after tax. You pay £130 / week on rent and bills, which comes to £6760. You spend £250-300 per week on all other expenses which comes to £13,000 to £15,600. You are actually never saving any money. If you choose to work and live in London, it is ideal that you find a job that has potential to make you high 5 figures or 6 figures in the future especially if you intend to get married and have a family.

ben wb 11-30-2007 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The average wage in London is over £20,000 ($41,000) higher than many parts of the UK at more than £45,000 ($93,000) a year.

rocketsfan4lyfe 11-30-2007 11:13 AM

this is a newbish question, but why does everyone hate luckyjimm? whats the deal?

auc hincloss 11-30-2007 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The average salary in London is probably around £30k pre tax. Lets say you earn £22k after tax. You pay £130 / week on rent and bills, which comes to £6760. You spend £250-300 per week on all other expenses which comes to £13,000 to £15,600. You are actually never saving any money. If you choose to work and live in London, it is ideal that you find a job that has potential to make you high 5 figures or 6 figures in the future especially if you intend to get married and have a family.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure in london youll be paying more than £560 on rent and bills in london a month. try more around 800 at least. factor in to that council tax and its pretty much gonna be a grand a month. now i dont live there my self, so again apologies if im wrong, but if you factor that into your equation your looking at ~£12k on rent and bills and max £15.6k your looking at 30k a year just to get by. i agree with you the only way to comfortable live there would be earnign high 5's - 6 figure somes. so unless you are a sufficiently rolled pro already, or have alternative sources of income, i'd advise finding somewhere else to live.

Try glasgow! its great/has everything london has! its raining at the moment though. . . . but it does that in london too. maybe i should get a job part time for the tourist board.

p.s jimm, if you get staked i've got a great game with a seat waiting for you and somebody elses moneies.

Zaid_Ahmed 11-30-2007 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The average wage in London is over £20,000 ($41,000) higher than many parts of the UK at more than £45,000 ($93,000) a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way it's £45k / year

king333 11-30-2007 11:18 AM

BAN parker posey please...its one thing to make fun of degenerate gamblers...making fun of special kids deserves a swift beating

ben wb 11-30-2007 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no way it's £45k / year

[/ QUOTE ] http://money.aol.co.uk/research-reve...22105209990002 - Very latest figures

In some parts it's a lot higher, over £60k a year in Kensington http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4319239.stm and that was over two years ago, it's surged since then.

Zaid_Ahmed 11-30-2007 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure in london youll be paying more than £560 on rent and bills in london a month. try more around 800 at least. factor in to that council tax and its pretty much gonna be a grand a month. now i dont live there my self, so again apologies if im wrong, but if you factor that into your equation your looking at ~£12k on rent and bills and max £15.6k your looking at 30k a year just to get by. i agree with you the only way to comfortable live there would be earnign high 5's - 6 figure somes. so unless you are a sufficiently rolled pro already, or have alternative sources of income, i'd advise finding somewhere else to live.

Try glasgow! its great/has everything london has! its raining at the moment though. . . . but it does that in london too. maybe i should get a job part time for the tourist board.

p.s jimm, if you get staked i've got a great game with a seat waiting for you and somebody elses moneies.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, i realise i prob got my figures wrong. The point I was trying to make is you need high 5 figures and 6 figures to actually be saving money. Was kind of basing it on what I pay. I'm lucky enough to pay £110/week in a really nice area in a nice place. Mates rates always help. I think I pay £150-£200 less per week than I should be paying.

Zaid_Ahmed 11-30-2007 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no way it's £45k / year

[/ QUOTE ]http://money.aol.co.uk/research-reveals-higher-london-wage/article/20071122105209990002

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand corrected