Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   KK in the Big Blind (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=479381)

sparky3474 08-16-2007 07:47 PM

KK in the Big Blind

I'm getting beat up lately on my premiun hands, am I missing something? Am I just getting rivered, should I have slowed on the turn?

WPEX 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) UTG is pretty loose

Preflop: Hero is in the Big Blind with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG limps, 4 folds, MP3 limps, CO limps, SB completes, Hero raises, 3 callers

Flop: (8 SB) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)
SB checks, Hero raises, UTG calls, CO calls, SB folds

Turn: (5.5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], (3 players)
Hero bets, UTG calls, CO calls.

River: (8.5 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img](3 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets, CO calls. Hero calls

Final Pot: 11 BB

Point Blank 08-16-2007 07:50 PM

Re: KK in the Big Blind

well ... since you obviously lost this hand you should have folded preflop

oh yeah ... don't post stuff like this
[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting beat up lately on my premiun hands, am I missing something? Am I just getting rivered, should I have slowed on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

KitCloudkicker 08-16-2007 07:52 PM

your river overcall is awful

NIX 08-16-2007 08:02 PM

Pre-river is good. With two people wanting to showdown on a connected flush board, I'd give at least one of them credit for a heart and fold.

sparky3474 08-16-2007 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
so you fold the river with top pair for 1 bet? that's it.

KitCloudkicker 08-16-2007 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so one person is bluffing with no heart and the second person is call bluffing with no heart.

thats what you're saying right?

ps its ok to fold the river for 1 bet when you're never good.

Point Blank 08-16-2007 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't seem to be thinking about your hands very much ...

after three streets of play have you any thoughts about what range of hands these guys are calling with

**start with this**

GLKST526 08-16-2007 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all about the situation. I'll call with much weaker hands on the end or fold stronger hands, depending on whether I think the hand is good.

In this case, there are two things working against you. First of all, there are 4 hearts on the board, and you don't have one. Thus, the relative strength of your overpair is much less then it would be if the board had no straight or flush draw on it. Secondly, there's been a bat AND a call. Given the 4 hearts, it's tremendously unlikely that neither of them has a heart (especially the caller). Given these factors, you should probably fold.

sparky3474 08-16-2007 09:29 PM

Point Blank, I guess I am having a hard time accepting that the UTG guy just went runner runner on me to make the flush when I was ahead the whole time. So the river call is the only leak here?

GLKST, I was thinking of Ed Miller's post about why you aren't crushing low limit " There was a post just this morning where someone limped in with A3s on the button after two limpers. The big blind raise behind and everyone called. The flop was AQ2, and the action went BB bet, one limper called, and it was your action. You have top frickin pair in a big (i.e. raised) pot, and it is one bet to you. The BB's bet shows no more strength than what he showed when he raised before the flop. He could easily have KQ or TT or 76s. The limper called... that means he has.. well, two cards. You are getting 11-1 on a call, and did I mention that you have top frickin pair? and hung in there, it was a raised pot and I was getting 11:1

KitCloudkicker 08-16-2007 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So the river call is the only leak here?

[/ QUOTE ]

rest of the hand couldnt have been played more perfectly.