Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Person to person transfers. [OP is a "MUST read", or be scammed!] (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=434828)

Clamper13 07-16-2007 08:06 PM

Re: Person to person transfers.

[ QUOTE ]
I am very new to transfers, and didnt know how to look up feedback.

But I did receive this PM.

"i have 40 bux on stars now if u are interested. i wont send first because i was scammed by someone named hopeful upcomer."

[/ QUOTE ]

First, search this forum for posts by and comments about the person that sent you the PM.

Second, get the screen name of the account that you will be transferring to. Do a similar search for that screen name.

Third, ask for references from your potential partner. Unless you find that his previous trading partners have posted here with the results of those trades, then PM each of the references for feedback.

Last, ask your potential partner if it's okay with him to post his user name here. We'll help with research.

Above all, trade small, and don't be rushed.

cardman 07-16-2007 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am very new to transfers, and didnt know how to look up feedback.

But I did receive this PM.

"i have 40 bux on stars now if u are interested. i wont send first because i was scammed by someone named hopeful upcomer."

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful. It always starts out with someone with a few posts saying they've been scammed and demanding to be sent first...

Have them PM you on 2+2. Click on their name in the PM area to show their profile and number of posts and join date. Read the scammer's list. What other posters have already said... etc. ... etc.

acseif 07-16-2007 11:33 PM

Looking to trade $1000 on FTP for $1000 on Stars. Will trade first with respected posters, and will trade in whatever increments you would like.

Clamper13 07-17-2007 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In this thread he claims to be aces_acehigh at Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is also his name at FTP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please confirn that his FTP name is aces_acehigh.

[ QUOTE ]
oooo, also I have his MSN if anyone wants to throw abuse? (or if 2+2 want it)

[/ QUOTE ]

Please post the MSN name as well. It will get added to the list, and possibly help prevent future abuse.

lockplayer13 07-17-2007 04:02 AM

do you still need some of this done ?, I can help you move some

TilTandWiN 07-17-2007 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In this thread he claims to be aces_acehigh at Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is also his name at FTP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please confirn that his FTP name is aces_acehigh.

[ QUOTE ]
oooo, also I have his MSN if anyone wants to throw abuse? (or if 2+2 want it)

[/ QUOTE ]

Please post the MSN name as well. It will get added to the list, and possibly help prevent future abuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can confirm that his FTP screen name is aces_acehigh

His MSN is joey_motala@hotmail.com

IncrediblyGifted 07-17-2007 10:37 AM

looking to trade $200 from tilt for $200 on stars..i will ship first to a respected poster..pm me or im me on aol at timoz20

Mike Haven 07-17-2007 11:14 AM

Unfortunately these guys change their e-mail addresses every time they make a new Twoplustwo account.

I think I have banned most of the serial scammers' accounts, so mainly avoid posters registered after June 1st who PM you when you ask for transfer assistance. They probably haven't posted in this thread, and they will probably ask you to transfer first because they've "already been scammed once".

IncrediblyGifted 07-17-2007 11:54 AM

bump..i'm still looking to transfer tilt money for stars money..i will give you a deal and send first if your a respected/trusted member

Backspin20 07-17-2007 01:32 PM

Sent you a PM Incredibly

limitninja 07-17-2007 01:36 PM

updated list of whom I owe money on here:

mike capuno 200
audition 420
windmilla 115
shrug 170
olinpreflop 830

niceh4nd 07-17-2007 02:09 PM

meh why do you owe people money :S

Mike Haven 07-17-2007 02:51 PM

Thanks for the update, lj.

JReezy 07-17-2007 06:17 PM

looking to trade $1k-$2k on full tilt for stars money. please pm if interested, will transfer first in increments to respected poster.

Longtrail099 07-17-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just got hosed by the 2+2 member BALLSDEEEP... we were in agreement to transfer $1100 from my stars account to his and then his $1100 to my FT account and we started with a $100 transaction in which I sent the $100 and he never returned the favor and magically signed off of aim. If anyone needs proof I have an aim conversation and an email agreement

[/ QUOTE ]

He tried scamming me too. sent me this pm that i thought was funny. I would of posted about it but I just checked my pm now.

[ QUOTE ]

hey dude it looks like we are on differant internet cycles lol. i'll be on and off (mostly on) for the next 11ish hours. my refs are FlushItTwice and Cream Soda if you wanna check those out. if you still wanna trade i can give you my stars name and you can sharkscope it or whatever since im $14k+ up in sitngos and have over $100k in mtt wins, just to prove $200 isn't much to me so you can trust i wont screw you or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lizard King 07-17-2007 09:54 PM

I need 150 on Stars for FTP. Pm me.

geo8o2 07-17-2007 09:58 PM

i have T$313 on pokerstars. looking to sell for $310. pm me

acseif 07-17-2007 10:38 PM

Just got scammed by the 2p2'er oneouterson. That is also his name on FTP and Stars. We agreed to transfer $1000 to his FT for $1000 in my Stars. I sent the first increment of $200 and he said he received it and then sent my increment. Five hours later, I have yet to receive any of the money. He has ~630 posts on 2p2, yet I didn't look at his sharkscope/OPR to check his stakes before I transfered. Send me my money and I will edit this post, until then, DO NOT TRANSFER WITH ONEOUTERSON.

Backspin20 07-17-2007 10:47 PM

whats up with all the scams? I know I sent you a PM

acseif 07-17-2007 10:49 PM

Ya, unfortunately I should have just anted up the $30 and transfered with someone that could be trusted on this site. oneouterson is a prick with a lack of morals.

Backspin20 07-17-2007 10:50 PM

sorry bro hope you get your funds back

bosoxx05 07-17-2007 10:53 PM

I have $500 on Stars
Need $500 on Tilt

Please PM if you can help me out

Thanks

cardman 07-17-2007 11:04 PM

Well this sucks. I've never heard of him. I guess he doesn't post in the zoo much. I hope he eventually pays you.

bosoxx05 07-17-2007 11:18 PM

Just traded with acseif, no problems...very fast

Lizard King 07-17-2007 11:55 PM

I just traded with Backspin20 it was a quick and smooth transaction.

acseif 07-18-2007 12:02 AM

Traded with bosoxx05, fast and no problems as well, glad there are some honest posters on 2p2 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

kassdog 07-18-2007 12:50 AM

Have $50 on stars
Looking for $50 on tilt. PM if interested

Should have put this. I will only transfer first if you have more than 1000 posts and has a good posting history. If you have less than 1000 i'll still transfer but won't do it first.

geo8o2 07-18-2007 01:21 AM

t$313 for $310 still available on stars. pm me. ez money first one to want it.

bosox747 07-18-2007 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just got scammed by the 2p2'er oneouterson. That is also his name on FTP and Stars. We agreed to transfer $1000 to his FT for $1000 in my Stars. I sent the first increment of $200 and he said he received it and then sent my increment. Five hours later, I have yet to receive any of the money. He has ~630 posts on 2p2, yet I didn't look at his sharkscope/OPR to check his stakes before I transfered. Send me my money and I will edit this post, until then, DO NOT TRANSFER WITH ONEOUTERSON.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well bro I sent you several pm's and u just chose to ignore me. Had you atleast had the decency to respond you would have never gotten scammed as we would have done business. Post count is not everything.

kassdog 07-18-2007 01:32 AM

Would like to do a tourny in 30 minutes any takers.

geo8o2 07-18-2007 01:48 AM

i'll do it, given as nobody want my tourney dollars.

Backspin20 07-18-2007 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well bro I sent you several pm's and u just chose to ignore me. Had you atleast had the decency to respond you would have never gotten scammed as we would have done business. Post count is not everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didnt you trade with him?

dboy23 07-18-2007 03:43 AM

looking to move 1k from my ftp to stars. will do smaller amounts as well.

Mike Haven 07-18-2007 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not confuse bosox747 with bosoxx05.

It's almost as if bosox747 was hoping for such confusion with that post, don't you think?

dboy23 07-18-2007 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not confuse bosox747 with bosoxx05.

It's almost as if bosox747 was hoping for such confusion with that post, don't you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

head asplode

Mike Haven 07-18-2007 04:31 AM

Every time someone alleges they are scammed I will copy-paste this post and add the new alleged scammer's name, (as long as it appears to be a genuine and non-malicious allegation). So far, we have alleged scammers:

ace_acehigh on UB

aces_acehigh on FTP and Stars

alan227 on Stars

annathedonk on Stars

dethrone on UB

dethr0ned = Njursparven = mojave desert = mojavedesert on Abs = pokerplayer4352 on FTP = dethrone on UB

docccjr = WEBMAN27 on Abs

HateToFold33 on FTP

ipl4yp0ker on AIM

JamesBond_AA on Prima, Stars and FTP

joshman on Stars

limitninja = limitninja on Stars and FTP = limitninja15 on Absolute

Low_Card2

mojavedesert on Abs

oneouterson = oneouterson on FTP and Stars

pkrblog = floppynuts92 = joshman on Stars

p0kerpl4yer2007 on FTP

pokerplayer4352 on FTP

pushdonkey on Absolute

rags4sale on Stars

Randy Hickey on Stars

Rick305

Sk00l4m3nts

strongbad311 on Stars

SWERVY54 on AIM

Thebigyak

TiltHappens on UB and FTP and Stars

WEBMAN27 on Abs

wsucoug2010 on FTP and Stars

(limitninja has repaid part of the money he owes to readers and confirms it is his intention to repay all as soon as possible)

Please pm me with the playing names of alleged scammers, so that I can add them to the record. Thanks.

Please read the OP and all earlier warnings. Either we ban all mentions of transfers, period, or you must accept that they are entirely at your own risk; people are trying to scam you; you should obtain real life details, (name, address, phone number), about people in order to inform the police if you are scammed; exchange full details of the proposed transfer by e-mail; you should only transfer in amounts you are prepared to lose; google and Search the other person's name; ask here for references; a record of a few successful transfers can be a setup to scam on the next one; it seems likely but not definite that most scammers are newer posters; if the other guy won't transfer first, transfer in a number of small amounts; ask the other guy to sit at a table with his bankroll in front of him; etc; etc.

If you are in any doubt, or unwilling to risk losing the amount of money involved, don't offer to transfer first. Realise that you are likely to be scammed if you do.

Owing to a hacker using a long-time posters 2+2 PM facility to arrange a scam, I now also suggest that before transferring first you find out the other party's real name and e-mail the poker sites' Support to say that you understand that they cannot confirm the other guy's name, but your intention is to transfer to Player ABC whose real name is XYZ, and instruct them that if this is not the case, you do not wish the transfer to proceed.

"Let the buyer beware."

dboy23 07-18-2007 04:40 AM

had a smooth transaction with kassdog for $50.

still need to move money from ftp to stars.

bmanning 07-18-2007 09:56 AM

Figure this is worth a shot. with my bodog payouts taking so long and if i request a check from stars it will take a week. I need some money in my checking account to placate the wife.

If you are in the Raleigh, NC area and would like some pokerstars money then let me know. I would like 500 to 1000 cash and would pay ten percent vig in exchange for the cash.

thanks
brian

Uniqueuponhim 07-18-2007 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Originally posted by DerrtySlime:

looking for money on party or fulltilt, i have stars money.
$200-$550. PM me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just transfered $50 from fulltilt to Stars with this guy, and everything went smoothly once we actually got online in MSN. A+.

krazyace5 07-18-2007 03:51 PM

Just completed a successful trade with teddyFBI

Highly recommended!!

Thanks again.