Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   gettin silly again (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553235)

nazahl 11-24-2007 12:16 AM

gettin silly again

villain is another TAG reg, solid/well known winner.

been finding myself in a ton of stupid spots lately... am I the only one who does [censored] like this??

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $280.20
BB: $364.70
UTG: $198.75
Hero (CO): $200
BTN: $205.20

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $7, BB folds

Flop: ($18) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($18) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $16</font>, Hero calls $16

River: ($50) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $28</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $108</font>

Paul Thomson 11-24-2007 12:25 AM

Re: gettin silly again

wow. u got balls...it's probably not terrible. alot of draws missed. i'd probably just make a slightly bigger than miniraise on the river, i think it folds the same.

Paul Thomson 11-24-2007 12:26 AM

fwiw, if u had a nut draw, i might just call the river.

spivey 11-24-2007 12:29 AM

I think it's more likely he has a strong hand that is calling, that bet small because he put you on a smaller PP that he wanted to call because of flop, rather than him having a missed draw and betting this river so small.

I do crap like this occassionally, and it sometimes works, but not often enough IMO.

pineapple888 11-24-2007 12:38 AM

Ugh, what made hand are you playing this way that's suddenly raising the river? Quad tens? I'd think you'd get looked up just on general principles.

nazahl 11-24-2007 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, what made hand are you playing this way that's suddenly raising the river? Quad tens? I'd think you'd get looked up just on general principles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tx? given I chkd the flop and called his close to psb on the turn, it's totally plausible for my hand to be exactly that.

Casper05 11-24-2007 12:44 AM

looks like you missed your draw.

jlocdog 11-24-2007 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
looks like your opponent missed his draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand is played fine if you are sure he isn't going to look you up light (A high type hands). Because you aren't repping anything except a set. But that doesn't mean he can still call you...

Casper05 11-24-2007 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
looks like your opponent missed his draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand is played fine if you are sure he isn't going to look you up light (A high type hands). Because you aren't repping anything except a set. But that doesn't mean he can still call you...

[/ QUOTE ]most regs arent going to bluff so small. This is a VB from a missed flop c/r or backdoored trips far more often than a missed draw imo.

pineapple888 11-24-2007 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tx? given I chkd the flop and called his close to psb on the turn, it's totally plausible for my hand to be exactly that.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the river T doesn't change anything. He's not playing overpairs this way, and you were already ahead of underpairs that aren't sets if you had a T, and sets would still beat you, and 2-pair for Villain is going to be really rare I think. Unless you think he thinks you don't realize all this and said "zomg trips I raise!" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]