Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   BCS Bowl Matchups Speculation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=559033)

pwnsall 12-02-2007 05:03 AM

Re: BCS Bowl Matchups Speculation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Rose Bowl took an at-large B12 team (Texas) twice in the last 5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

one was a national title game, so they didn't take them

the other.....go back to my point

look at the $$$$$ Texas brings

Kansas is no Texas

neither is Illinois, but it's closer

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't Texas qualify automatically because they were top 4 and just past Cal for the spot? and the other spot was taken by Utah?

Dudd 12-02-2007 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really think Va Tech has a much better shot than people here give them. They should have the best computer scores for the teams in the debate so as long as the gap is relatively small I think they could jump LSU. People like to argue the computers don't have as big of a say but the percentage gaps between places in the computers seem to be bigger than in the polls.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way does Va Tech beat out LSU because I'm pretty sure LSU is still scoring on the Hokies.

Francis_MH 12-02-2007 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do know the difference right?

One was the title game. No choice.
The other one Iowa had been chosen before they got to choose. So also no choice.

Not at all the same situation. They have first pick this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the Rose Bowl got pressured into taking Texas over Cal who was ranked just as high. The Rose Bowl against Michigan that Vince Young became "Vince Young just wins football games!"

bottomset 12-02-2007 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

one was a national title game, so they didn't take them

the other.....go back to my point

look at the $$$$$ Texas brings

Kansas is no Texas

neither is Illinois, but it's closer

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't Texas qualify automatically because they were top 4 and just past Cal for the spot? and the other spot was taken by Utah?

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't utah play Pitt(stupid autobid)

I think Texas 4, Cal 5 Utah 6th maybe

pitt 250th

pwnsall 12-02-2007 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really think Va Tech has a much better shot than people here give them. They should have the best computer scores for the teams in the debate so as long as the gap is relatively small I think they could jump LSU. People like to argue the computers don't have as big of a say but the percentage gaps between places in the computers seem to be bigger than in the polls.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way does Va Tech beat out LSU because I'm pretty sure LSU is still scoring on the Hokies.

[/ QUOTE ]

The computers aren't allowed to factor this in and the humans could do pretty much anything but if I had to guess it will be
tOSU
big gap
LSU
small gap
Va Tech and Georgia
and if the gap isn't big enough it won't matter that they got killed. This is just a guess of course but I won't be shocked if it happens.