Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   So I capped AQo pf, and 3 bet the flop with overs... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=467515)

SNOWBALL 08-02-2007 01:19 PM

So I capped AQo pf, and 3 bet the flop with overs...

Live 6/12

Button in this hand is a moron, and I'm extremely happy to sit at his table. I've played with him a lot. His extremely bad play isn't consistent though. Tonight he seems to have decided to raise and reraise any ace, any king, a lot of queens, and most pairs preflop, and to raise a lot of flops multiway without pairs or draws.

CO is your stereotypical weak-tight old asian woman. She lays down hands based on their strength, and the action to her, and not on the pot size.

BB is a classic overdefender, and is on tilt at the moment.

UTG is sort of a decent player. Def above average for this game

A semi-tight player limps, I raise. Coldcalled by the CO. Button makes it 3. SB folds. BB calls, UTG calls. I cap. All call.

Flop J99 rainbow. checked to me. I bet. CO calls, button raises, BB and UTG fold. I make it 3 almost instantly...

Hielko 08-02-2007 01:38 PM

Re: So I capped AQo pf, and 3 bet the flop with overs...

I think it is better to leave the maniac in the betting lead, so I would not cap preflop, even though you probobably have a small equity edge.

I don't really like postflop. After capping preflop he needs to be pretty retarded to make 3-betting right.

Hyperrrprank 08-02-2007 01:42 PM

Is the button capable of laying down here or on the turn? If so I like the plan. If this is one of those maniacs that calls down and shows his crap hands I'm not so fond. If CO is holding a worse Ace you want her with you. If she's got a pocket pair or straight draw in hand you want her out (and J or 9 obviously, but those are less likely to go away). If you're not sure what she's playing here the safe move is to force her out. If the flop 3-bet won't move her I'd call the flop raise planning on raising the turn.

Bottom line: If you're taking a stab at the maniac with Ace high, you NEED to get it heads up or you're just spewing chips. The weak-tight player is the absolute WORST person to have trailing along here.

SNOWBALL 08-02-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't really like postflop. After capping preflop he needs to be pretty retarded to make 3-betting right.

[/ QUOTE ]

trust me. he is.
My 3 bet was:
1. For value against button's range
2. To push out the mega weaktight CO old asian lady

edit: one thing to note is that I have a lot of value against the button's range. First of all, I think he's often on a draw, or has one or two overcards to the board, but he will also absolutely play an underpair like this. I've seen it, and he's a dumb bastard like that. A jack on the turn will kill his hand if it's eights or worse.

double edit:
to the guy that said that we want CO in if she has a worse ace: wow, you are WRONG. The pot is huge. it's TEN bb on the flop, and by the time the action comes back to me, we're looking at a 12 bb pot. Folding out a worse ace would be NICE here because she has odds to chase her 3 outer.

James. 08-02-2007 03:26 PM

based solely on the reads provided, nh so far.

SNOWBALL 08-03-2007 01:05 AM

CO folds. Button calls. Turn comes off an 8. I bet and get called. River is a Q. for a final board of J998Q no flush possible

results in white <font color="white"> I bet and get called by K6 of spades (NO PAIR AND NO DRAW SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP) </font>

edit: more results in white <font color="white"> CO was rly mad after the hand that I pushed her out because she had me beaten</font>

Yossarian147 08-03-2007 01:26 AM

and that is why we play live [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] nh sir

JJH3984 08-03-2007 11:55 AM

given reads this seems standard, but i'm a spew monkey.

ProfessorBen 08-03-2007 12:02 PM

3-betting this flop is nice because you push CO off all kinds of stuff. I just call if she's not there.

I don't know if I cap preflop, but it's no big deal.

Esso 08-03-2007 12:28 PM

nh

Just to be a nit, I want to point out that folding a weaker A is huge in this big pot. With a paired board, a weak A also has 3 chop outs here. And will pick up even more chop outs on any non Q turn. Heck, if a K hits the turn I think she'll have 10 outs to a chop, in addition to 3 for a win.