Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   A couple turn c/r's (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558848)

jc1418 12-01-2007 06:11 PM

A couple turn c/r\'s

first one is a .5/1

villain is a pain in my ass, she is a bad lag but refuses to leave me alone, we have not been to showdown yet but she seems to be playing medicore holdings and way too many hands, even squeezed my utg open with some crap like T4

Hero (utg)100
MP 82
CO 150
viallain (BTN) 180
SB 90
BB 120

hero dealt 6c7c and raises to 4 (there were fish in the blinds and I was inactive for a while)

mp folds, co folds, villain calls, sb folds, bb folds

flop: Ac Kc 4d
pot: 9.5
hero bets 8, villain calls

turn: 2s
pot: 25.5
hero checks, villain bets 15, hero goes all in for 88

#2 different game and villain, still .5/1
villain is on my left and a bit loose but nothing too crazy, he's not that good but I think he's just hitting cards. He's been pissing me off and calling alot of my c bets

Hero (sb) 100
villain (bb)200

hero dealt Kd Jd
all folds to hero who raises to 4, villain calls

flop: Ad Qh 7s
pot: 8
hero bets 6, villain calls

turn: 4d
pot: 20
hero checks, villain bets 14, hero goes all in for 90

1/2
villains vpip is 40 but over a small sample, seems a bit donkish just calls a little too much and is passive, we have no history

MP 180
Hero (co) 350
villain (btn) 250

hero dealt Qc Tc
mp limps, hero raises to 10, btn calls, blinds fold, mp folds

flop: Js 5d 6c
pot: 25
hero bets 20, villain calls

turn: 2c
pot: 65

hero checks, villain bets 40, hero raises to 140

which ones do you like, which do you dislike, please explain why you like/dislike. Lastly what plays do you think worked.

Paul Thomson 12-01-2007 06:20 PM

Re: A couple turn c/r\'s

they all seem fine. i wouldn't make it a habit of trying to bluff villain's off of A high boards.

u might also want to make the raises in the first two smaller, so it doesn't look so much like a draw.

mendacity 12-01-2007 06:29 PM

1) expect him to call you with any Ace
2) nah yo

you like to c/r in spots where I expect you to be looked up.

jc1418 12-01-2007 06:58 PM

i posted em b/c im not sure about folding frequencies of the described villains in these spots. In the two examples on the A hi boards, what ranges do yoou see my opponents betting with when checked to on the turn? I assume alot of weak aces are betting the turn. I also take these lines with sets and overpairs alot. Lastly, im not good with math, but in the two examples where I shove for like 2x the pot, I'm not sure they even have to fold that much for this to be a good bluff given stacks and pot sizes. Can someone please help me witht he math here, like how often they gotta bet/fold for me to turn a profit?

Panthro 12-01-2007 07:50 PM

3 is gross given description of villain.

Dire 12-01-2007 07:57 PM

Don't try to get so fancy. If you think people are floating alot then just keep betting on the turn especially in the spots where you pick up even more outs on the turn. If you're entirely convinced they're weak then even follow it up with a river shove occasionally.

If you think they're not floating then these are some very spewy spots. It's just not a good idea to try to get people to fold top pair - especially when the pot starts to get bloated.

wiseman1016 12-01-2007 08:12 PM

Hand 1: i like against villian described bc she is probably floating the flop and betting the turn lightly

Hand 2: i think this is close bc we need him to fold roughly 55-60% of the time to make this play profitably

Hand 3: this is not good against villian described