Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AA facing c/r from mulit-tabling TAG (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558607)

Mike MacIntosh 12-01-2007 11:40 AM

AA facing c/r from mulit-tabling TAG

Villain seems like a mulit-tabling TAG. He is playing 18/16 over 90ish hands, and he should view me as TAG at this point.

How do you weigh his range after his flop c/r?

Poker Stars, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $30
BTN: $81.15
SB: $384.25
BB: $249.70
UTG: $234.20
Hero (MP): $224.85

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $7, BB folds

Flop: ($18) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $42</font>, Hero ???

scatt_man 12-01-2007 12:38 PM

Re: AA facing c/r from mulit-tabling TAG

KQ AK i say he is on 30% of the time .... equity against = 24%
99 TT is on 30% of the time .... equity against = 2.4%
draw like nut flush or possible straight although i don't knwo if this player is calling with QJ in the blinds .. we will give him 30% .... equity against = 24%

Then the ohter 10 % i say maybe a bluff which may be high against this player so i may just discount it all together

Therefore not including our bluff we are getting almost 50% equity without accounting for any bluff percentage or anything ....

this is the type of range i may put him on

scatt_man 12-01-2007 12:39 PM

the draw percentage though of like 30% against this player may be a little high though depends on his AF

markuisis 12-01-2007 12:46 PM

AK is unlikely for cold calling pf and I dont think he plays KQ this fast too often. So its a typical case of flipping against a draw (which could easily have a gutter or pair on this board) or dead against a set, two pair or even a straight sometimes - I fold. This isnt a good flop to bluff u for him. If he shows a propensity to play back at c-bets/overvalues top pair then obv either shove or call and get it in on blank turns.

Kilillan 12-01-2007 12:48 PM

I say you just drop it. Therere too many hands he couldve cold called out of the blinds that have you raped

Paul Thomson 12-01-2007 12:51 PM

probably a fold. since he probably reraises AK preflop and doesn't call with AXs

Readzie 12-01-2007 01:46 PM

if your pushing your draws all-in here and he knows you would, then you should be pushing your AA all in here.

Jamsym 12-01-2007 01:56 PM

Wow at all the advice telling him to fold.

1 raise on a drawy flop and we insta muck aces.

A good tag probably 3 bets AK, KK, TT or 99 here.

I think a lot of his range will be draws or air.

If you re-raise your going to lose value from his bluffs with air and get called by hands that have you crushed or good draws.

I think you should call this in position and re-evaluate the turn.

Some9 12-01-2007 02:04 PM

With absolutely no redraw and this big c/r I'm inclined to fold it here. Calling to reev is ok too, shoving seems really bad against such a tight player.

JackAll 12-01-2007 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain seems like a mulit-tabling TAG. He is playing 18/16 over 90ish hands

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is his stats over a larger sample, I really think he has only low/mid pairs here and nothing else. Hard to say with just 90 hands tho.

He never has AK.
I think most TAG's 3-bet TT here.

I wonder if, other than 99, he might do this with lower pairs like

Kilillan says:
[ QUOTE ]
I say you just drop it. Therere too many hands he couldve cold called out of the blinds that have you raped

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that is kind what I was edging towards - but admitting to wanting to fold AA on a drawy flop feels like admitting you like s&amp;m.