Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   99 on very drawy board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530302)

I R BABOON 10-24-2007 01:50 PM

99 on very drawy board

BTN = 69/21/1.26
CO is unknown 3rd hand he'll play

CO ($1.52)
Button ($1.80)
SB ($1.78)
BB ($1.61) (Hero)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks,

I failed to raise pre-flop, but now my thoughts are get to showdown as cheap as possible as to many draws are possible. Even if I hit a T or 5 at best I split it.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( 2BB )
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls,

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( 3.5BB )
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls,

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( 6.5BB )
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls,

Final Pot: 8.1BB

How's this line?

BadBigBabar 10-24-2007 01:51 PM

Re: 99 on very drawy board

gotta raise pf

since you didn't, c/r the flop and lead the turn and lead the river.

bellatrix 10-24-2007 01:54 PM

Raise PF, but you already knew that.
Bet or c/r on the flop. OESD, overpair and BDFD, even BDSFD.
Hand plays differently from there...

By the way, why are you so sure that you are going to split the pot with a T or 5? You already have 2 of the 9s...

*edit* you can't raise the flop. Only bet or c/r. Sorry

tyler_cracker 10-24-2007 02:14 PM

having failed to raise pf, not betting the flop is quite dumb (unless you've got a read that someone is definitely betting the flop -- but you don't have that).

neurotiq 10-24-2007 02:41 PM

Raise it preflop.

Bet the flop with your overpair.

36CampusAve 10-24-2007 02:47 PM

Haven't read other replies yet.

Pre-flop - raise. pretty standard right? esp. four handed
Flop - bet, you probably have the best hand and OESD to improve if needed
Turn - bet, no reason to think your hand still isn't best
River - bet

obviously if you raised pre and bet post flop you would have a better read on CO and pot odds change, but as played I bet/raise every street

Mitke 10-24-2007 04:05 PM

* grunch *

I think you did give up some equity preflop and maybe even lost a little fold equity later on in the hand. I also think your straight outs a pretty clean vs splitting - you hold two nines that act as 'blockers'.

I c/r the flop hoping to see overcards in the muck and to exploit our equity advantage now that we can because a 5 or T probably slows down the action if we hit.

As played I c/r the turn. Just about the safest card in the deck, had it been red it would have been the safest. You are ahead a lot here, raise.

As played c/c river is fine. You've underpresented your hand all the way.

EDIT: now that I've read the other replies flop c/r is stupidly risky. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Bet.

Fadook 10-24-2007 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTN = 69/21/1.26
CO is unknown 3rd hand he'll play

CO ($1.52)
Button ($1.80)
SB ($1.78)
BB ($1.61) (Hero)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks,

I failed to raise pre-flop, but now my thoughts are get to showdown as cheap as possible as to many draws are possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

A better thought would have been: "bet every street to get maximum value out of my overpair". That line also protects your hand from all those draws.

Sushiglutton 10-24-2007 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I failed to raise pre-flop, but now my thoughts are get to showdown as cheap as possible as to many draws are possible. Even if I hit a T or 5 at best I split it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this very pessimistic? Why do you think there is another 9 out there among opps six cards. Raise and bet etc. for value.

I R BABOON 10-24-2007 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, why are you so sure that you are going to split the pot with a T or 5? You already have 2 of the 9s...

[/ QUOTE ]
I think at the time I was in "result oriented mode" against these guys and just instantly assumed they were drawing at me.

Another lesson learned and some valuable replies. Thanks all.