Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   UTG vs BB HU (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=194941)

OrigamiSensei 08-24-2006 01:40 AM

UTG vs BB HU

Game is running fairly tight, BB stats are 11/3. Stab at it on the flop or wait for the turn and decide? If we bet the flop does a bet/fold line make more sense than bet/call?

PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ???

milesdyson 08-24-2006 01:46 AM

Re: UTG vs BB HU

bet, take it down a ton... no question

Gib 08-24-2006 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If we bet the flop does a bet/fold line make more sense than bet/call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, b/f.

knockonwood 08-24-2006 02:40 AM

Bet-fold. Ace on the board is the best time to donk it.

GrandmaStabone 08-24-2006 02:58 AM

definate bet-fold vs a tight player HU. Your fold equity here is REALLY high.

also, I wouldn't limp KTs UTG, especially at a tight table - but some posters are letting me know that I am probably too tight PF. I knew that I needed to work on loosening up somewhat, but I didn't think EP was the place to be doing it.

jakbse 08-24-2006 03:10 AM

In htis case you need to play the board and the players a lot more than your cards. The ace is scary and he is tight and hasn't shown any sign of strenght yet. No doubt that you bet the flop. The tricky question here is what to do if he just calls and check to you on the turn. A guy this tight probably has something if he calls the flop in this micro pot and it's really difficult for us to judge which turn cards that may have helped him.. I'm lost here..

Ampelmann 08-24-2006 04:34 AM

I bet this flop almost 100% and expect to take it down 80% of the time.

DeliciousBass 08-24-2006 07:55 AM

Depends on the player but I'm a stabby kinda guy.
Based on the fact that: I like money, I have some, I'd like some more to go with what I have

If I've seen his cards go into the muck in a race against my virtual chips hitting the felt I almost always bet this. If he's a Trappy McMaster I tend to check behind here and see if the turn improves my hand.

And the b/f line is probably the way to go here. Our hand is pretty close to worthless so a c/r from the BB means we're toast.

OrigamiSensei 08-24-2006 01:44 PM

Thanks all, I feel a little better now. This was a review hand and I was worried about whether I was giving bad input or not. My original comments were "I think in a game this tight you need to use your position and take a stab at the pot on the flop, especially since the BB only checked it after your limp. Bet/fold on the flop is a perfectly reasonable play here, throw it away unimproved on subsequent streets."

OrigamiSensei 08-24-2006 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In htis case you need to play the board and the players a lot more than your cards. The ace is scary and he is tight and hasn't shown any sign of strenght yet. No doubt that you bet the flop. The tricky question here is what to do if he just calls and check to you on the turn. A guy this tight probably has something if he calls the flop in this micro pot and it's really difficult for us to judge which turn cards that may have helped him.. I'm lost here..

[/ QUOTE ]
If he calls and checks the turn we check behind unimproved. The river decision would have to be made at the time.