Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Multi-tabling with HUDs (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545547)

J Darnielle 11-13-2007 09:26 PM

Multi-tabling with HUDs

My laptop is fairly powerful, but I'm still unable to play more than 8 or so tables without PokerOffice crashing Stars. Before I buy PokerTracker, I'd like to know if anyone's had success playing 20 or so tables with it?

Specs:
1.7 ghz, 2 GB ram...

AMT 11-13-2007 09:54 PM

Re: Multi-tabling with HUDs

I use pokertracker on a 1.6ghz, 2 GB of ram and ill play up to 20 tables. I haven't had any significant problems.

Josem 11-14-2007 12:49 AM

seriously, wait a fortnight, and get holdem manager. it is much better than PT on many levels.

lacky 11-14-2007 02:50 AM

i hope so, cause i get significant lag when pt imports hands after about an hour of play 12 or more tabling.

I guess I should state significant to me is enough to bug the hell outta me. It's not enough to time me out. I always just want [censored] to work. i have low tolerence when it doesn't

Kevin8423 11-14-2007 02:53 AM

PT works fine for me but recently PAHud causes Stars to freeze up often if I am 12-16 tabling.

Stars seems to be fairly messed up after the last update though with lobbies/cashier trying to open but the window only comes up as an outline and other similar things. Tournaments have also taken quite a bit of time to load after I click the button. Not sure if this is in the client or something with PT or whatever else though.

AMT 11-14-2007 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stars seems to be fairly messed up after the last update though with lobbies/cashier trying to open but the window only comes up as an outline and other similar things. Tournaments have also taken quite a bit of time to load after I click the button. Not sure if this is in the client or something with PT or whatever else though.

[/ QUOTE ]

University of Maryland problem.

Kevin8423 11-14-2007 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

University of Maryland problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

The View has a different IP but yeah thats very likely the cause.

lacky 11-14-2007 03:06 AM

fwiw i have always been able to fix lag issues completely by running pt on a seperate computer and networking it in. I've been too lazy to set that up again yet, but if i keep at 12 tabling cash games and the lag continues I'll get around to it.

RexWoo 11-14-2007 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seriously, wait a fortnight, and get holdem manager. it is much better than PT on many levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like there is also a totally revamped PT/PAHUD V3.0 in the work

dave_w11 11-14-2007 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw i have always been able to fix lag issues completely by running pt on a seperate computer and networking it in. I've been too lazy to set that up again yet, but if i keep at 12 tabling cash games and the lag continues I'll get around to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you have postgresql running on the seperate computer and have the hud access the database over the network, or have the database on the poker computer and have the other import hands over the network?

I had the database on another computer and all was fine until my wireless packed in causing pokerace hud to have a huge fit and pretty much crash my computer costing me more than the occasional slow downs did.

Also does anyone know why it seems to lag more the longer I have been playing? I wonder if cleaning out the old hand histories from the hand history folder every so often might help.