Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   FT Hand vs Shortie: What is your play? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=260313)

TheRempel 11-14-2006 06:08 PM

FT Hand vs Shortie: What is your play?

No specific reads here. Original target in the hand is the BB who is a 70% VP$IP call station that goes to the felt far too often.

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $196
Hero: $207.45
Button: $194
SB: $75.90
BB: $449.90

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $7</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($21, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($21, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $63</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero ?</font>

SB has like $7 behind FWIW.

CaptDEEbo 11-14-2006 06:47 PM

Re: FT Hand vs Shortie: What is your play?

why not bet the flop...if you thought you were good on the flop the turn changes nothing except make a dia. draw...i actually think the dude has 2pr+fd here a lot or he has you DD...either way i think its a fold...

CallYNotRaise06 11-14-2006 06:56 PM

i dont mind a fold here, especially w/ no redraw

piiop 11-14-2006 07:10 PM

I fold too

CrushinFelt 11-14-2006 07:45 PM

fold, according to your read this guy goes to the felt easy. find a better spot

TheRempel 11-14-2006 08:42 PM

It's the BB that felts too often not the SB.

Checking behind on the flop here is definitely the best option three handed with a shortie in the mix. He's likely to push a lot of hands on that flop and I won't be able to call. If he had more money (&gt;$150 at least) I would have bet the flop.

What hands are you guys putting him on that beat me? I'm curious.

orestto 11-15-2006 01:07 AM

KQ?

TheRempel 11-15-2006 03:41 AM

And he's gonna check KQ twice, even when a flush draw shows up on the turn, when there is a huge call station?

There is very little chance he has any straight here. While you will occasionally run into shortstackers that make retarded slowplays, you can pretty much rule out KQ and Q8 given the double check so the only real concern is that he is currently chopping with some kind of redraw. It's much more likely that he has a set/two pair/air.

DrMagic 11-15-2006 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And he's gonna check KQ twice, even when a flush draw shows up on the turn, when there is a huge call station?

There is very little chance he has any straight here. While you will occasionally run into shortstackers that make retarded slowplays, you can pretty much rule out KQ and Q8 given the double check so the only real concern is that he is currently chopping with some kind of redraw. It's much more likely that he has a set/two pair/air.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then there is no need for this thread. Call so.

TheRempel 11-15-2006 02:07 PM

I wasn't posting the hand for my benefit.