Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Valentine's Day plans/suggestions thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=317997)

miajag 01-29-2007 11:55 AM

Valentine\'s Day plans/suggestions thread

Pretty gay, but whatever.

Been seeing this girl for a couple months now, we are still in that kinda awkward "dating each other exclusively but not really officially boyfriend/girlfriend" stage of the relationship. As of right now my plan for Valentine's is to just bring over some flowers and a bottle of wine and cook her dinner. I think this is a solid plan because it's obviously a nice thing to do but not like over-the-top romantic and lame. Given the situation, thoughts/suggestions?

Forgive me if this is a lame question, but in past relationships we've always been firmly "together" well before the first Valentine's we've spent together, so this situation is kind of new to me.

Also, others should post their Valentine's plans/questions/suggestions in this thread.

bulldawgblue 01-29-2007 12:06 PM

Re: Valentine\'s Day plans/suggestions thread

This is solid for your situation.

traz 01-29-2007 12:09 PM

Your idea seems solid, and if I could cook, I'd think about doing something similar.

I've also been seeing a girl, but we're not in a relationship ship persay, so the whole valentine's issue is iffy. I think we're probably going to head up to a local mountain and spend the day/night there

asofel 01-29-2007 12:13 PM

Mia,

Your attitude sounds pretty spot on. You can be fun, romantic, and have a great night without making things uncomfortable or over-the-top. Sometimes doing less is better, and in this situation it sounds like this is one of those times.

Depending on how much you and her drink, you might want more than one bottle. Nothing sucks more than having a great night and wanting just another glass or two, and having nothing.

Jiggymike 01-29-2007 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty gay, but whatever.

Been seeing this girl for a couple months now, we are still in that kinda awkward "dating each other exclusively but not really officially boyfriend/girlfriend" stage of the relationship. As of right now my plan for Valentine's is to just bring over some flowers and a bottle of wine and uncork her

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

But for real, this is pretty standard and a good idea.

Daniel Magix 01-29-2007 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, others should post their Valentine's plans/questions/suggestions in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Valentine's Day 2007:
I plan on coming home from work to a pregnant wife to whom I have been married for 6 years, eating dinner, showering, losing some money online, getting in trouble for something, arguing, and then going to sleep on the couch. These plans could change...but I doubt it.

Frequitude 01-29-2007 12:26 PM

Take her out on the 13th. Proclaim that everyday is Valentine's Day to you.

Lay low together on the 14th and do it repeatedly.

miajag 01-29-2007 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Take her out on the 13th. Proclaim that everyday is Valentine's Day to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, our plans are for the 13th because I have class until 9 pm on the 14th.

miajag 01-29-2007 12:29 PM

asofel,

Neither of us are big drinkers and have to get up early the next day, so one bottle should be plenty.

cbloom 01-29-2007 12:30 PM

I usually do the flowers + cook for the girl on V-Day, but I'm now living with my GF and cook for her all the time so it seems like that's not special enough. Any suggestions? (I kinda hate restaurants on V-day, too cheesy)