Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Got company. $100 missing. Here's what I've done. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550863)

Killua 11-20-2007 09:02 PM

Re: Got company. $100 missing. Here\'s what I\'ve done.

[ QUOTE ]
how close are you to the kid?

if close and you are 100% positive the cash is missing and you are 99% sure that he took it, confront him and tell him that you value your relationship and that if he is honest with you and admits to taking the cash, you can put this behind you and move on. throw in the 'i was a kid once too' bs also.

then if he admits it, tell him to tell you how much.

if he is honest again...let him keep the cash as proof of how much you value him and his honesty in the matter.

edit: forgot to mention...if he lies about it...beat him to a [censored] pulp behind closed doors

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good advice.

Perestroika 11-20-2007 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how close are you to the kid?

if close and you are 100% positive the cash is missing and you are 99% sure that he took it, confront him and tell him that you value your relationship and that if he is honest with you and admits to taking the cash, you can put this behind you and move on. throw in the 'i was a kid once too' bs also.

then if he admits it, tell him to tell you how much.

if he is honest again...let him keep the cash as proof of how much you value him and his honesty in the matter.

edit: forgot to mention...if he lies about it...beat him to a [censored] pulp behind closed doors

[/ QUOTE ]

Winner.

huber117 11-20-2007 09:14 PM

if OP is 99% sure it was the kid, LET HIM HAVE IT. Its just a hundred dollar bill and hes your nephew. if you just have to let him know that you know he took it, take him to the mall and act as though your going to buy him shoes or something then act stupid when its time to pay at the register. Tell him to use the money you gave him. he'll have learned not to mess with you and at the same time you were a good uncle.

if your a complete nit, insist on everyone helping you find it until one of them does "find" it.

suzzer99 11-20-2007 09:15 PM

I don't agree with letting the kid keep the cash. The reward is you don't tell his parents. Other than that, I agree By-Tor's approach is far superior to any of the other ideas bandied about in this thread.

dw2006 11-20-2007 09:31 PM

Just let it slide, the kid will deny it, there is no way to actually prove it, it is just going to create awful tension around the holidays. Just keep the money hidden when he is around.

SackUp 11-20-2007 09:58 PM

You say you won $1,927, but how much did you lose?

I think this analysis will solve all problems.

Dorothy Mantooth 11-20-2007 11:42 PM

If he asks to use your computer, tell him he can rent it for $100. Then trust your read, if he genuinely looks confused, he doesn't have it. If he looks startled, beat him behind closed doors.

The Owl 11-20-2007 11:48 PM

OP,

You know your brother, we do not. Predict what his reaction would be if you revealed your suspicion.

suzzer99 11-20-2007 11:53 PM

Also 9 times out of 10 these kinds of things turn out that the accuser did something with the $100 and forgot about it.

edfurlong 11-21-2007 12:00 AM

Are you sure your mom hasn't gotten in deep with the bingo parlor?