Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   KQ (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552743)

Riku 11-23-2007 06:44 AM

KQ

Villain is unknown.

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: (3.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero...

My thoughts:

If he has KT or KJ and he's bold enough to raise them utg pf, then im sure he'd be wild enough to cbet this flop as well.

If he has KQ or AK, it takes a less wild player to raise them utg pf and who would not cbet the flop.

Could also be some AT+[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] draw.

But i think im chopping or beat.

Mitke 11-23-2007 06:55 AM

Re: KQ

* g *

Preflop is close. I don't exactly like my hand vs unknown UTG raise. Domination trouble..

Turn.. Leading out is good to protect vs. draws. After the raise chop or beat looks likely IMO too.

Your turn bet could be looked at as a stab at the small pot with a scare card and he could be reraising you on a bluff.

Folding this would feel really weak but probably isn't a bad choice at all. Yet, call down and make a note vs unknown?

If he's weak enough not to c-bet AK when it's checked to him on the flop (despite the drawy board), his raise is strong here.

JJack 11-23-2007 08:16 AM

I think your hand is to strong to not call down vs new player and see enough KQ, KJ, KT and combo draws.

neurotiq 11-23-2007 08:21 AM

I'd probably call down and get a better read against the unknown for next time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] We have top pair and a good kicker; I want to take it to the showdown against an unknown. If he has AK or is (stupidly) slowplaying a monster, so be it.

rhayder 11-23-2007 12:30 PM

Grunch:
I fold this preflop KQo is really not that great of a hand. KQo is an easy hand to be dominated with OOP.

As played I'd call it down. I think you could be up against an AK that is a typical hand anyone should raise with UTG.

kerowo 11-23-2007 12:32 PM

With 2 people in vs an EP raise this probably isn't worth the SB to play. As played, call down and make a note about what he doesn't c-bet with, or if he was trying to get tricky with a big pair on the flop.

neurotiq 11-23-2007 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

KQo is an easy hand to be dominated with

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, there are only two hands that can dominate it (AK and AQ).

johno 11-23-2007 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus QQ, KK, AA.

kerowo 11-23-2007 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What percentage of an unknown's pre-flop range do you think that is? You want to raise KQ if it isn't raised in front of you but you very rarely want to play it when it has been raised in front of you pre-flop.

neurotiq 11-23-2007 04:25 PM

Whoops. Forgot high pocket pairs; that's what I get for posting first thing in morning, lol

[ QUOTE ]
What percentage of an unknown's pre-flop range do you think that is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Golly. I'd estimate 50% of the range. Could be more, could be less; since this is an unknown, we can't know for certain [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I think playing KQ from the BB getting 5:1 is perfectly fine. We can get away from it if we miss.