Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   turn spot oop where i just c/f (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400353)

milesdyson 05-10-2007 11:27 PM

turn spot oop where i just c/f

(against this guy at least)

he's 25/14/1.2 after 90 hands, the only note i have on him is that he just called 66 in the BB vs SB and raised a raggy flop... not much.

he raises in the cutoff, i 3-bet 66 in the small blind (just fold?). bb folds, he calls.

Flop is K J 7 rainbow. i bet, he calls.

Turn is a 9. i check, but he checks.

River is a 2. value bet or c/f?

noob_sauce 05-10-2007 11:46 PM

Re: turn spot oop where i just c/f

yeah, c/f IMO, especially with that AF.

MacGuyV 05-11-2007 12:05 AM

No idea - I can't really think of anything I'd check the turn & bet the river with if I were him.

Nfinity 05-11-2007 03:58 AM

I check fold the River.

You might want to start displaying your opponents' Attempt to Steal in your HUD if you haven't already. It will give you a better idea of what you should be raising in this spot. If the guys Pre-flop aggression factor is any indication as to his CO stealing range, 66 is usually a fold for me when he raises from the CO.

jt1 05-11-2007 05:05 AM

90 hands isn't anything so all's you know is that he's somewhat reasonable. I have no idea how to play these turns or rivers. I think that's definitely a turn check/fold but only because of the nine but once you're at the river, okay...it's gotta be a c/f - yea...he won't bet ace high here often enough. In the heat of battle, I tend to call anything remotely close if I'm already at the river. It's definitely a leak...i need to pay more attention to the pot and fold those marginal holdings like this one when the pot is small especially on a board like this. But I bet I'd c/c this playing 6 tables at once.

milesdyson 05-11-2007 05:16 AM

i bet the river and he called with 88. i want to fold these stupid ass hands preflop because the flop is always two broadways.

Verde 05-11-2007 05:22 AM

Why not continue betting the turn and check fold the river?

Oink 05-11-2007 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i bet the river and he called with 88. i want to fold these stupid ass hands preflop because the flop is always two broadways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have c/f'ed the river (results oriented). Other than that I play the hand like you. If your intentions was to c/f the turn.

Preflop is close in a 1/3 structure. It would depend on his positional awareness. If you are still running bad I think folding is fine.

Heisenb3rg 05-11-2007 09:20 AM

value bet? What are we getting value from 22-55, AQ/AT?
Let's assume his range is a TAG's What are we losing to that he can have here?
77+, K8s+, K9o+, Qs9+, J9s+, QTo+, AK, AJ, T9s

No ones going to fold a better hand except maybe 88/T9/Q9 to three barrels (not to mention someone with 88 thinks they have 6 outs) :O

Im not going to do combos or equity calculations but I think this is a super easy c/f and assume you're posting this because you're desperatly looking for leaks in your game. This aint one of em [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]