Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   A good spot for the miles dyson? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520465)

sethypooh21 10-11-2007 02:52 AM

A good spot for the miles dyson?

This particular hand isn't particularly interesing, except should I be sexying this river? How about a blanker river?

PokerStars $10/$20 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#FF0000">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero caps!</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero caps!</font>, Button calls.

River: (14.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB

Palomino 10-11-2007 03:09 AM

Re: A good spot for the miles dyson?

I can't imagine going for a c/r on this river unless button is a total idiot. he either has the 5 or the flush, neither of which likely bets here. Unless, like I said, he is an idiot.

sharpie 10-11-2007 03:09 AM

I don't like a sexy without a read he's a very aggressive value bettor. Looks alot like a flush or an overplayed overpair perhaps with a club, most will be happy to take a free showdown when you show this much strength and the board is double paired.

I would still bet a blank river, although if you had a specific read he usually has a flush that won't raise but will bet a sexy could be good.

Love the avatar!

Leader 10-11-2007 03:32 AM

That card is a really bad one to sexy on. If he does have a flush he should def be checking putting you on a 5 or flush. If has a five, he's got to fear you're getting cute with AQ/K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q. Even if he does bet, he could fold to a raise if he just thinks for a second.

That said, there are doubtless people that will frequently put two bets in here with a flush/5x. Still some people will click check/call here. In this case, you miss a bet regardless of how retarded he is. c/r is definitely no a good default.

Tryptamean 10-11-2007 03:47 AM

Did you see that he raised you on the flop, and you capped preflop? Why not keep jamming the flop? I think his range is heavily weighted towards AA/KK. You should be able to play the flop fast and get mutliple big street bets from those hands.

inferno 10-11-2007 04:39 AM

what is called the miles dyson?

milesdyson 10-11-2007 06:24 AM

i'd never do this on the flop and not even i would think of checking that river. his most likely hand is a flush or AA/KK and he can easily check behind AA/KK fearing you're just afraid with your flush (which you have very much represented here).

NinaWilliams 10-11-2007 04:51 PM

I agree with what everyones said so far concerning the river. What does everyone think of the flop play?

sethypooh21 10-11-2007 05:00 PM

I'm surprised that everyone thinks I should B/3b the flop - even a aggro villain is going to give that line a lot of respect, and be unlikely to go off for multiple bets on the big streets. I'd be much more inclined to b/3b a hand like AcA here, I think.

NinaWilliams 10-11-2007 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised that everyone thinks I should B/3b the flop - even a aggro villain is going to give that line a lot of respect, and be unlikely to go off for multiple bets on the big streets. I'd be much more inclined to b/3b a hand like AcA here, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the opposite.