Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Retarded interview question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511274)

timotheeeee 09-28-2007 12:09 PM

Retarded interview question

I have an interview later today for a position as a summer associate at a law firm. Apparently, it is typical for the question "What type of plant would you be, and why?" Or some variation, like what type of animal would you be.

I can probably handle the animal question off the top of my head, but I know [censored] about plants other than trees are big and grass is green. Any suggestions on how to answer this question?

I want to joke around and be like "poison ivy, because just like in real life, once you come into contact with me you'd end up with an itch you need to see the doctor about."

Bartman387 09-28-2007 12:11 PM

Re: Retarded interview question

I think both of these questions are idiotic and can't believe an interviewer would waste their and your time asking that nonsense.

That being said, I'd say some type of tree, Oak maybe.

JackInDaCrak 09-28-2007 12:12 PM

"A palm tree so I can kill people by dropping coconuts on their heads"

JMa 09-28-2007 12:16 PM

a power plant

XXXNoahXXX 09-28-2007 12:16 PM

OP,

including screening interviews and individual callback interviews, I have done approx. 100 interviews with law firms in the past month.

Nobody has asked anything like this at all. They never do. It's a joke.

Literally every single interview has been exactly the same with the exception of 1 person asking about my writing sample and a few people talking about sports. the rest say "i noticed x on your resume", "why firm x", "why practice group x", and then asked if i have questions for them.

Howard Beale 09-28-2007 12:22 PM

Is this what you've got to go thru to get a GD job? They'd get a real wise-ass answer out of me! I'd better make sure that I never lose at poker..........

Adebisi 09-28-2007 12:22 PM

Just tell them something ridiculous, like a duck-billed platypus for animal, and algae for plant (because you like to swim)

Another option would be to have some variey of dinosaur as your animal. I want to be a Triceretops.

Kimbell175113 09-28-2007 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to joke around and be like "poison ivy, so I can kiss Batman."

[/ QUOTE ]

Los Feliz Slim 09-28-2007 12:30 PM

I would be a marijuana plant, because I enjoy smoking marijuana and if I were a marijuana plant I wouldn't have to buy it from anybody, I could just pinch off a bud and smoke myself.

timotheeeee 09-28-2007 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

including screening interviews and individual callback interviews, I have done approx. 100 interviews with law firms in the past month.

Nobody has asked anything like this at all. They never do. It's a joke.

Literally every single interview has been exactly the same with the exception of 1 person asking about my writing sample and a few people talking about sports. the rest say "i noticed x on your resume", "why firm x", "why practice group x", and then asked if i have questions for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's a local thing, because my friends (here in Georgia) keep telling me they've been asked this question.