Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge: Discussion+Review (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   December's "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out" NC Chat thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558691)

MrWookie 12-01-2007 02:22 PM

December\'s \"You\'ll Shoot Your Eye Out\" NC Chat thread

Let us hohohohohoho!

diebitter 12-01-2007 02:53 PM

Re: December\'s \"You\'ll Shoot Your Eye Out\" NC Chat thread

http://www.flicklives.com/Glossary/l...p/leg_lamp.jpg

daveT 12-01-2007 04:29 PM

Hey guys,

Mark Twain is legendary for his lack of self-control. He had not only a gift for writing (I think he's terrible), but he also had a side of venom that he violently spewed toward the world, writing a series of letters that would normally cut ties to all friendships. Oddly, the friends never held these letters against him. Did they just shrug there shoulders and say, "Well, that's Samuel for you?"

Missus Twain would wake up early in the morning, before the post man came, and check the mail, secretly opening all the letters, and removing the bad papers. Apparently, it was cheaper to spend the penny on the stamp and let Mr. Twain rant and feel better, than get into the conversation about how he should try, just try to possess better self-control.

I just wrote an upset e-mail but did not send it, but I kept it as a draft, because I really want to send it out.

Anyone besides me ever do this kind of thing?

If I copy/paste it, would the Lounge be willing to help me edit and rephrase it?

And yes, I have been miserable and in a bad mood for a month now.

Kimbell175113 12-01-2007 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys,

Mark Twain is legendary for his lack of self-control. He had not only a gift for writing (I think he's terrible), but he also had a side of venom that he violently spewed toward the world, writing a series of letters that would normally cut ties to all friendships. Oddly, the friends never held these letters against him. Did they just shrug there shoulders and say, "Well, that's Samuel for you?"

Missus Twain would wake up early in the morning, before the post man came, and check the mail, secretly opening all the letters, and removing the bad papers. Apparently, it was cheaper to spend the penny on the stamp and let Mr. Twain rant and feel better, than get into the conversation about how he should try, just try to possess better self-control.

I just wrote an upset e-mail but did not send it, but I kept it as a draft, because I really want to send it out.

If I copy/paste it, would the Lounge be willing to help me edit and rephrase it?

And yes, I have been miserable and in a bad mood for a month now.

[/ QUOTE ]
gogogogo

katyseagull 12-01-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I've done that kind of thing before. Copy/paste it for us. We want to see it!

and of course we will be willing to help you edit it.

Wheelzie 12-01-2007 05:33 PM

I hope I get a gun for christmas.

daveT 12-01-2007 05:37 PM

Okay, The Lounge, I am smiling because you guys are going to make me feel better. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Entitled: [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

To (some chick, okay?)

I know that you are sick, and maybe I am over-reacting, and yes, I admit that I can be a bit dramatic at times.

It feels like every time that I call you, you are performing a daunting chore. I always hear you laugh, but it is almost like you can't stand to say hi and you can't wait to get off of the phone. Do you realize how it feel so hear "Oh (damn), what's up, Dave?" I know that we have been e-mailing for four years or however long, but the people that we were when we talked all night on the patio are not the people we are now.

Today, talking to you was even weirder, like yeah, it is okay to talk, but don't hang up although you are sick, but then a friend is coming over. I am also disturbed that I don't get any response to my last e-mail. And lets be honest, this whole year, we have probably only sent each other five e-mails total.

I think that you are giving me a hint, but maybe I am too stupid to see it. I don't know. The reality is that we don't even know each other anymore, and I feel like you think it is too much work to bother. And yes, I am starting to feel that way as well.

This has all been on my mind for the past week. If you don't e-mail me back, I will take that as a cut line. I won't say that I don't care, but I have let closer people go.

Best Wishes.
Dave.

katyseagull 12-01-2007 05:46 PM

I think we need to soften it a bit. Give her the benefit of the doubt more. I'm in favor of dropping these 2 lines altogether

[ QUOTE ]
I am also disturbed that I don't get any response to my last e-mail. And lets be honest, this whole year, we have probably only sent each other five e-mails total.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to keep the five emails comment maybe say something like - "hey girl, email me more often [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I like hearing from you. It makes my day!"

I don't know, what do the rest of you guys think. Let's help Dave out here, he's been a valuable member of our community. Constructive help is needed.

tarheeljks 12-01-2007 06:31 PM

dave,this is an example of you being upset? i'm impressed.

edit: katy's suggestion is softer, although i don't think this tone is all that harsh to begin with.

tarheeljks 12-01-2007 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dave,this is an example of you being upset? i'm impressed.

edit: katy's suggestion is softer, although i don't think this tone is all that harsh to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: except for the last part. i would remove that b/c it could seal the deal on its own.

daveT 12-01-2007 06:46 PM

Your right tarheels, the letter does not deliver on the intro's promise. Face to face, I can be way more honest and rude, but here, I intend to be gentle. I am not actually mad, just confused. I think that the letter is firm enough that she would get the point.

I wonder if her "friend" is some dude?

J.A.K. 12-01-2007 06:57 PM

I'm lost. Is this just a friend you are upset with for not keeping in touch more? Or something that escalated into no-man's land and you don't know what's going on?

tarheeljks 12-01-2007 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your right tarheels, the letter does not deliver on the intro's promise. Face to face, I can be way more honest and rude, but here, I intend to be gentle. I am not actually mad, just confused. I think that the letter is firm enough that she would get the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think being gentle is a good idea. i think the email is fine overall but that you get too defensive at the end.

[ QUOTE ]
. . . And yes, I am starting to feel that way as well.

This has all been on my mind for the past week. If you don't e-mail me back, I will take that as a cut line. I won't say that I don't care, but I have let closer people go.

[/ QUOTE ]

granted idk how long you've been trying to maintain contact w/little effort on her part. saying something like, but the signals here are very mixed.

Kimbell175113 12-01-2007 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm lost. Is this just a friend you are upset with for not keeping in touch more? Or something that escalated into no-man's land and you don't know what's going on?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I want to help, but I don't really get what you're going for or what is happening. Cliff Notes of your relationship to this individual?

daveT 12-01-2007 07:44 PM

Okay. I met this girl like four years ago. We have only had e-mail contact except for one face-to-face meeting since she is from a different country.

Now, she lives in America. It was weird because with going to jail, and other goings-on (I busted about three times), this year probably had more drama in it than it should have. So, to her, I may seem a little "down," which isn't too far off, really.

While on the phone, all she ever does is ask "how are you, how are you, how are you...." I admit that I don't really remember her personality, but this is not a person that I normally would want to talk to. I attempt to keep things low content and fun. I don't like to lay my problems on people, but if they keep asking how things are, they will get an honest answer.

She seems evasive on the phone, in e-mail land, and this bothers the living [censored] out of me. I am glad to hear that things are happening for her, but it takes a crow-bar to get any information out of her. For example, she is/was working on an independent film, and it took the second phone conversation, and me suggesting that she works on a film before she told me about it.

So, there is a change, and a drifting away, I think, but I am not sure.

I have called four times in the past three months. The last time I called her, I told her I only had 20 minutes on this phone card (I don't have a cell-phone plan right now), and that was all I could talk. Her answer: "That's not a bad thing." That gave me pause. I asked what that was supposed to mean, and she says she hates talking on the phone.

I sent her an e-mail, asking how was her Thanksgiving. No response.

So, I call today, and I not too pleased to call, really, but I keep things light. When she answers, she says "Oh, Dave," as if I just told her that her grandma died. I ask her what's up with that attitude, and she says she is sick. I offer to let her go to rest up, and she insists that we keep on talking. So, it is all good, right, then ten minutes into the conversation (one sided again), and she tells me she has to go because a friend is visiting.

Other Cliffs Notes:

1- She wants to live in Los Angeles, and I am the only person she knows out here. 1+1=2

2- She is probably like me, with a short [censored] limit. I am wondering if I have somehow slighted her?

3- It's been two years since we talked. I have a feeling she wants to talk about "something" but I can't put my finger on it.

4- She's a girl, and this would be standard: "something that escalated into no-man's land and you don't know what's going on?" (sorry, Katy)

5- She says she will talk to me again soon. I doubt this is the form, or the response she was thinking of.

Dominic 12-01-2007 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, The Lounge, I am smiling because you guys are going to make me feel better. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Entitled: [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

To (some chick, okay?)

I know that you are sick, and maybe I am over-reacting, and yes, I admit that I can be a bit dramatic at times.

It feels like every time that I call you, you are performing a daunting chore. I always hear you laugh, but it is almost like you can't stand to say hi and you can't wait to get off of the phone. Do you realize how it feel so hear "Oh (damn), what's up, Dave?" I know that we have been e-mailing for four years or however long, but the people that we were when we talked all night on the patio are not the people we are now.

Today, talking to you was even weirder, like yeah, it is okay to talk, but don't hang up although you are sick, but then a friend is coming over. I am also disturbed that I don't get any response to my last e-mail. And lets be honest, this whole year, we have probably only sent each other five e-mails total.

I think that you are giving me a hint, but maybe I am too stupid to see it. I don't know. The reality is that we don't even know each other anymore, and I feel like you think it is too much work to bother. And yes, I am starting to feel that way as well.

Best Wishes.
Dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

got that out of your system? Great.

Don't send crap like this. It never works. Simply let her know you're interested in moving the relationship forward. And then don't keep calling her and emailing. Write or call once every two weeks or a month to keep in touch, but it really sounds like things are over between you two and you need to move on. If she's still interested she will let you know.

Trust me, letters like this never do anyone any good. I've sent my share. Plus, it sounds as if you're pouting. And that ain't hot.

Dominic 12-01-2007 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The friend is always some other dude.

Dominic 12-01-2007 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay. I met this girl like four years ago. We have only had e-mail contact except for one face-to-face meeting since she is from a different country.

Now, she lives in America. It was weird because with going to jail, and other goings-on (I busted about three times), this year probably had more drama in it than it should have. So, to her, I may seem a little "down," which isn't too far off, really.

While on the phone, all she ever does is ask "how are you, how are you, how are you...." I admit that I don't really remember her personality, but this is not a person that I normally would want to talk to. I attempt to keep things low content and fun. I don't like to lay my problems on people, but if they keep asking how things are, they will get an honest answer.

She seems evasive on the phone, in e-mail land, and this bothers the living [censored] out of me. I am glad to hear that things are happening for her, but it takes a crow-bar to get any information out of her. For example, she is/was working on an independent film, and it took the second phone conversation, and me suggesting that she works on a film before she told me about it.

So, there is a change, and a drifting away, I think, but I am not sure.

I have called four times in the past three months. The last time I called her, I told her I only had 20 minutes on this phone card (I don't have a cell-phone plan right now), and that was all I could talk. Her answer: "That's not a bad thing." That gave me pause. I asked what that was supposed to mean, and she says she hates talking on the phone.

I sent her an e-mail, asking how was her Thanksgiving. No response.

So, I call today, and I not too pleased to call, really, but I keep things light. When she answers, she says "Oh, Dave," as if I just told her that her grandma died. I ask her what's up with that attitude, and she says she is sick. I offer to let her go to rest up, and she insists that we keep on talking. So, it is all good, right, then ten minutes into the conversation (one sided again), and she tells me she has to go because a friend is visiting.

Other Cliffs Notes:

1- She wants to live in Los Angeles, and I am the only person she knows out here. 1+1=2

2- She is probably like me, with a short [censored] limit. I am wondering if I have somehow slighted her?

3- It's been two years since we talked. I have a feeling she wants to talk about "something" but I can't put my finger on it.

4- She's a girl, and this would be standard: "something that escalated into no-man's land and you don't know what's going on?" (sorry, Katy)

5- She says she will talk to me again soon. I doubt this is the form, or the response she was thinking of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, now I get it.

Dave, there is no relationship here. At all. Simply let her know that if and when she moves to L.A. you'd love to show her around. Then stop calling her. The ball's in her court.

daveT 12-01-2007 08:52 PM

True that Dom, you just said the reality. It is all over. Wow.

Meh, I don't think that there was ever anything sexual going on there, but if I was wrong, so be it.

Runkmud 12-01-2007 08:54 PM

To be frank, it sounds like she's trying to end the relationship. A better question is, why are you trying to continue it? It doesn't sound like you're much interested in her either.

Sometimes it's just best to let things go thier way. Who knows, in a few months she might call you with an attitude change. As it stands, I would just stop calling her.

Best of luck either way, but it certainly seems you could invest your time in better friends.

Blarg 12-01-2007 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we need to soften it a bit. Give her the benefit of the doubt more. I'm in favor of dropping these 2 lines altogether

[ QUOTE ]
I am also disturbed that I don't get any response to my last e-mail. And lets be honest, this whole year, we have probably only sent each other five e-mails total.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to keep the five emails comment maybe say something like - "hey girl, email me more often [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I like hearing from you. It makes my day!"

I don't know, what do the rest of you guys think. Let's help Dave out here, he's been a valuable member of our community. Constructive help is needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't sound like encouraging him to stay in the relationship would be helping him out at all.

Kimbell175113 12-01-2007 09:12 PM

Seems as though your best bet is just to leave her alone. She may decide to hit you up again in the future; the chance is small, but it's bigger than if you keep doing what you're doing, imo.

Not to mention that soon, with a little perspective, you'll probably realize that she's crazy and good riddance and what did you ever see in her anyway etc [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Just listen to Dom.

daveT 12-01-2007 09:13 PM

Okay. I could re-write like this:

Hello *****

*dammit, there is no way to end it. No way to just say goodbye. I guess long-term relationships are hard to keep, no matter the conditions.

Hello *****

*nope, that don't work either.

Hello *****

I decided that I am not calling you anymore. I do not feel that I have to spell out the reasons, as I believe the feelings are mutual, or rather, I am doing all of the work and you clearly don't give a two flying [censored].

*nope, that is not good either.

It's funny. Just about all of my friendships, I feel like I do most of the work, you know.

Hello *****

I realize that my life is [censored] up, and that in many ways I am [censored] up. As a good friend, I hope that you are not worrying, and I would not expect you to feel worry for me. It is best for both of us.....

*no, the martyr is never good.

Hello *****

Hearing from you over the past few years has been a joy in my life. I always looked forward to you and your thoughts. There is no doubt in my mind that you are a special girl, and I hope that you succeed and be happy in your life. I had a hope that I would be able to witness how your life turned out, and that the attachments that may have manifested would have matured in there proper directions.

I am no longer calling or writing. I feel that it is better for both of us to simply hold our memories as they are. I understand that you are creating a new world for yourself, and I understand that I am not able to be what I should promise.

Thank you for being a wonderful person, and a bright light in what has at times been a dark world.

With love and best of wishes:
daveT.

Blarg 12-01-2007 09:14 PM

In four years, something sexual has to have happened.

Dom is right on all counts. Especially on this letter making you look not hot. It comes across more as whiny and sad and accusatory. Also, it sounds like you can't make up your mind. Basically, it paints you as thoroughly non-alpha, and that is hard to get back once you lose it.

Relationships develop needs that have to be met. You can't do that well unless you're in the room, whether you're there to create and reaffirm intimacy, have sex, give someone a hug or inject a little energy and fun into their day, or just be there physically as comfort and tangible proof to your partner that she is not alone. I don't think it's healthy to expect, or to have expected, much from this "relationship."

daveT 12-01-2007 09:16 PM

True, Blarg. I had a full four years to gather my life and get her out here. Nothing can, or should be expected.

MissT74 12-01-2007 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did worse. I wrote a short story/essay on why I hated being married 2 months after the wedding. My husband found it 2 months later while fixing my computer. He was hurt, but it didn't have to do with HIM persay, just the institution of marriage.

5 years later we divorced. Finalized last month.

T

Kimbell175113 12-01-2007 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did worse. I wrote a short story/essay on why I hated being married 2 months after the wedding. My husband found it 2 months later while fixing my computer. He was hurt, but it didn't have to do with HIM persay, just the institution of marriage.

T

[/ QUOTE ]
1) LOZL
2) Ouch, that sucks, my condolences.
3) Enter it in the contest, LDO.

Blarg 12-01-2007 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's funny. Just about all of my friendships, I feel like I do most of the work, you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this is the case with you, but this is sometimes a bad sign. There are always some people who are more thoughtful and considerate than others, but it's not a market that it pays to monopolize.

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, you might be better off being more choosy about your friendships and not trying to force or increase the value of anything that doesn't already work well of its own accord.

Even if you're a really great guy, there's something in many people that turns away from those who are over-solicitous. Perhaps it makes them fear that they need to rise to that level themselves, and they might not be sure if they are able to or want to. Being too nice puts people under an implied pressure to reciprocate, and it may not be one they volunteered for. It can suffocate and even confuse and anger.

Your tone and emphasis in this thread have come across as a bit needy. Neediness combined with over-solicitousness can make being around a person with those qualities, however wonderful, feel like a trap and fraught with obligations. An attitude and outlook with more of a devil-may-care feeling and a letting 'em off the hook air can be much more relaxing to be around. And it can make you seem like you have more of a life and have other things going. Paradoxically, people may value you more when you appear to value them less. And they may treat you better if you don't always subject them to the pressure of being treated quite so well.

[ QUOTE ]
Hello *****

Hearing from you over the past few years has been a joy in my life. I always looked forward to you and your thoughts. There is no doubt in my mind that you are a special girl, and I hope that you succeed and be happy in your life. I had a hope that I would be able to witness how your life turned out, and that the attachments that may have manifested would have matured in there proper directions.

I am no longer calling or writing. I feel that it is better for both of us to simply hold our memories as they are. I understand that you are creating a new world for yourself, and I understand that I am not able to be what I should promise.

Thank you for being a wonderful person, and a bright light in what has at times been a dark world.

daveT.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a little long and the dark world stuff sounds off point and self-pitying. The sentence about attachments and manifesting is not particularly fluid or clear. I think she already knows what your expectations might have been, anyway, so you gain nothing by reiterating them.
If you are going to write a note, I think it should be really brief and lay no blame on her for anything at all. Maybe something closer to:

Thanks for being a wonderful person and a bright light in my life. I will no longer be calling or writing, as I think our relationship has run its course, but when I think of you, the memories will be good ones. I'm glad that you are pursuing some of your dreams, and it's time for me to get started on my own. I hope we both get where we want to go and have fun getting there.

Always your friend,

Dave

Maybe that note isn't to your taste, but my basic point is that you want to keep things short and positive and make no accusations or guilt trip type things whatsoever.

tarheeljks 12-01-2007 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, you might be better off being more choosy about your friendships and not trying to force or increase the value of anything that doesn't already work well of its own accord.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree w/this statement as a general way of approaching all relationships whether they be platonic or romantic

Dominic 12-01-2007 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay. I could re-write like this:

Hello *****

*dammit, there is no way to end it. No way to just say goodbye. I guess long-term relationships are hard to keep, no matter the conditions.

Hello *****

*nope, that don't work either.

Hello *****

I decided that I am not calling you anymore. I do not feel that I have to spell out the reasons, as I believe the feelings are mutual, or rather, I am doing all of the work and you clearly don't give a two flying [censored].

*nope, that is not good either.

Hello *****

I realize that my life is [censored] up, and that in many ways I am [censored] up. As a good friend, I hope that you are not worrying, and I would not expect you to feel worry for me. It is best for both of us.....

*no, the martyr is never good.

Hello *****

daveT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave? No letter. Just because you need closure does not mean she wants to hear about it. Just stop trying to keep this going.

Dominic 12-01-2007 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

T

[/ QUOTE ]
1) LOZL
3) Enter it in the contest, LDO.
4. So, uh....how YOU doin'?

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg 12-01-2007 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree w/this statement as a general way of approaching all relationships whether they be platonic or romantic

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this was a hard lesson for me to learn in my life and it's still a natural instinct to just redouble my efforts when things aren't going the way I want them to. I've gotten a lot better at not doing that and not wanting to do that, but sometimes I have to very consciously remind myself of it.

daveT 12-01-2007 11:33 PM

Thanks a lot guys.

I am torn for a ton of reasons, and I am a total wreck right now. Can't play poker, can't eat. I just thought of a bunch of long soliloques. They were probably the most inspired things I have created in a long time.

I feel the urge to cry, It is not about her, as it is about other things, but she is a manifestation of the myriad failures that I have had over my lifetime.

I don't know, I suppose I am needy, it is something to reflect on later when I am not such a basket case. I am going to go ahead and send her what Blarg wrote. I don't care if she doesn't want to read it. It is selfish of me to say that it is for me to feel better, but that is that.

Kimbell175113 12-01-2007 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks a lot guys.

I am torn for a ton of reasons, and I am a total wreck right now. Can't play poker, can't eat. I just thought of a bunch of long soliloques. They were probably the most inspired things I have created in a long time.

I feel the urge to cry, It is not about her, as it is about other things, but she is a manifestation of the myriad failures that I have had over my lifetime.

I don't know, I suppose I am needy, it is something to reflect on later when I am not such a basket case. I am going to go ahead and send her what Blarg wrote. I don't care if she doesn't want to read it. It is selfish of me to say that it is for me to feel better, but that is that.

[/ QUOTE ]
1) LOZL
3) Write something for the contest, LDO.

hyde 12-01-2007 11:53 PM

In lighter Xmas news,

JESUS SAVES!!!!!
AND ESPOSITO SCORES ON THE REBOUND!!!!

Still the best bumper sticker ever.

Blarg 12-02-2007 12:02 AM

Hope you don't feel too bad for too long, daveT. Everybody's been there or some recognizable variation of it. It can be impossible to imagine getting past it, but almost everyone does, almost always, and you will too. Sometimes the journey sucks hard for a while, for sure.

Also,

[ QUOTE ]
It is not about her, as it is about other things, but she is a manifestation of the myriad failures that I have had over my lifetime.

[/ QUOTE ]

...don't ever get into the trap of letting one thing symbolize another. That's self-indulgence, pure torture, and an emotional death spiral if anything goes wrong, and at best unrealistic and misleading if something goes right. It's an escape from reality either way, and wastes emotional energy.

It's super hard not to think that way when depressed, though. But you have to get that kind of thought trap out of your brain as if you were hosing red ants, maggots, and ebola-laced dogpoop out from between your toes. And maybe sharks...if there were...like, these really tiny sharks...and then these sharks LIVED in the dogpoop, and...well, I think you can see where I'm going with this...

daveT 12-02-2007 12:51 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]That mind-set has been the bane of my entire life, and it is something I am constantly working on. It's not the individual thing, but a compilation of things. I guess you get the point, but have a hard time manifesting it into words as well.

Aren't we all glad that this can't possibly continue into tomorrow? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Actually, Blarg, I am not at the level of thinking that you are at yet, so I am probably wrong, and that is a new perspective.

I really, really want to apologize for bogging down the forum with this. Four pages, yuk! Can't look good that I come to a forum for help, but I can't possibly cry on her shoulder, now can I? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Sending the letter lifted a huge weight. She was probably more stress than I needed. [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Thanks a ton, guys.

katyseagull 12-02-2007 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave,
I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. I really feel for you. Please don't stop eating. Take the advice of Dom and Blarg. You will not get better advice. (Those guys are really good.) I hope things look up for you real soon.

katyseagull 12-02-2007 01:08 AM

Soooo drunk on rum and punch [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. This is a rare occasion anymore.

I am nervous about tomorrow's switch over to vbulletin. What will i do without you guys? What if i need you between now and whenever they get it up and running? Will you people still hang with us once we do the switch and everything looks weird? God i hope so.

I'm very pleased with the short story submissions we've received so far. Very pleased. I want to thank everyone who has stepped up and submitted a story. You guys are awesome and now I think I need a tissue [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Runkmud 12-02-2007 04:16 AM

Super drunk here too Katy!

I'm pretty excited about the move, at first I dreaded it. I like most of us, am terrified of change. I then heard, maybe mistakenly, that it somehow improved viewing through cell phones, that alone makes me thrilled. You know you're addicted when you check your cell phone for 2+2 updates, sick.

Fortunately I won't be pained through the new system tommmorow. I've managed to weasel my way into a ladies only brunch tommorow. Yeah, most of them are married, or my dating friends, but there will be single newcomers. This is way better than a wedding.