Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Why BB and not M? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551854)

Bedz 11-21-2007 10:49 PM

Why BB and not M?

I've red the first book, and am now reading the second book in the HoH seies, and a question that I keep getting is:
Harrington talkes a lot about M (the size of the pot before the hands starts), but I feel most STT strategy (push/non-push) is talked about in Big Blinds. Why is that?
Seems that the M system is more korrekt. Harrigton even has S&Gs as examples in his book.

Thankful for any info I can get on this, and also thanks for the great forum guys!

polopro 11-21-2007 10:56 PM

Re: Why BB and not M?

not everyone has read harrington

Fishing2do 11-21-2007 11:00 PM

why? Simple answer:

Because when the Antes kick in (if they do... FTP doesnt have antes in SnG) it will prolly be with <5 players at the table, and therefor the antes arent contributing a significant extra amount to the pot. If it were 9-10 people paying antes, it'll be a different situation though and you would need to take into account your M. Hence the reason why mr Harrington has adopted M as a standard in his books (mostly MTT related).

Slim Pickens 11-21-2007 11:01 PM

Harrington's SNG advice sucks. M is a more correct metric but BB is easier to figure out on the fly. Since most SNGs (at least back when the SNG community standardized this) don't involve antes, BBs wins.

microbet 11-21-2007 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Harrington's SNG advice sucks. M is a more correct metric but BB is easier to figure out on the fly. Since most SNGs (at least back when the SNG community standardized this) don't involve antes, BBs wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also forum predates Harrington's books.

legacy.

Bedz 11-21-2007 11:10 PM

Well, the only adveice I got from "the BB thing" was that you want to push with less then 10 BBs. Nothing more. Have I missed something, sice you guys seem to find that better?

polopro 11-21-2007 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Harrington's SNG advice sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take it back!

Harrington pwned tourney poker with that book

eurythmech 11-21-2007 11:37 PM

Harrington's SnG advice sucks.

drzen 11-21-2007 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Harrington's SNG advice sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take it back!

Harrington pwned tourney poker with that book

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me, if Slim ever writes a book, you won't be saying that.

AMT 11-22-2007 01:45 AM

listen to what harrington says on SNGs, then see what happens to your ROI. I have a feeling that they are inversely correlated.

(reasons already stated).