Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Situation while "running it twice" during home cash game (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532536)

ivgotthenuts 10-27-2007 11:40 AM

Situation while \"running it twice\" during home cash game

A situation happened during my home game last night that nobody was sure of the definite answer. An all in situation occurred between myself and another person and we decided to run it twice. I won on the first board, but on the second board we ended up splitting because of two identical straights.
Now here comes the Question. I won the first and tied the second. It seemed common sense that I should win 75% of the pot because I won the whole first board and then split the second board. The other person in the hand was arguing that it should be 50/50 split because we split the 2nd of the running it twice. After a somewhat heated argument for about 10 minutes, we decided to do a 60/40 split of the pot, where I got 60% and he got 40%. I would like to know if anyone knows what should have happened in this situation and if there are any rules for a situation like this. Thanks

WaywardAce 10-27-2007 11:46 AM

Re: Situation while \"running it twice\" during home cash game

One person must win both pots outright. Anything else means a 50/50 split.

Butnahhhhh 10-27-2007 12:17 PM

maybe you should be aware of the rules reguarding running it twice before you run it twice.

Taso 10-27-2007 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I respectfully disagree, and suggest that the OP's way of doing it was right, he wins 75% of the pot.

Rottersod 10-27-2007 12:59 PM

Think of it this way:

Ypu won the first hand and now it is dead and forgotten. The only way player 2 can win back his share is to win the 2nd hand outright. So in your situation there are two possible outcomes depending on how your players decide:

1. You win everything.
2. You win 75%.

Lottery Larry 10-27-2007 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this, some weird variation of the pig rule?

Each hand is treated separately- you are basically playing TWO poker hands, for 1/2 the pot each time.

If you wouldn't award a full pot for a split hand any other time, why are you doing it now? If you have to win twice outright, why would you ever agree to run it twice?

75% OP, 25% for the goof

luvetoholdem 10-27-2007 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutly not.

OP: Wins first pot, and takes half. Second pot, splits, both get half of 50% of the pot which means....

OP:75%
Villan: 25%

Ray Zee 10-27-2007 08:18 PM

you got screwed. next time get the rules straight before you do deals. that kind of stuff happens all the time.
when we first started doing running twice in the 1980's we physically split the pot into two kinda equal looking piles and ran it for each. so no fights and no having to stack and split the pot and hold up the game.

Johnny Drama 10-27-2007 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this must have been OP's opponent.

grando 10-27-2007 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol