Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Is there anyway to make a Mississippi straddle/live straddle profitabl (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=449632)

ptartaglio 07-12-2007 05:56 PM

Is there anyway to make a Mississippi straddle/live straddle profitabl

I was playing 2/5 NL at the World Series and tons of players were straddling. I mean usually I see a one guy who is a total maniac doing it occasionally or someone who is extremely stuck. But literally ½ the table was doing a Mississippi straddle. Other than creating a loose image is there any time when doing a Mississippi straddle or live straddle can be a good strategy move? I appreciate your opinion.

Thanks,
Paul

JKratzer 07-12-2007 05:57 PM

Re: Is there anyway to make a Mississippi straddle/live straddle profi

if you're better than most of the table mississippi straddle is awesome.

DJ Sensei 07-12-2007 06:48 PM

mississippi straddle is always huge, and amazing

live straddle works well to chop the effective stack sizes down if you're deepstacked and not as experienced with it. It also serves to get some action going if the table is nitting it up.

Triumph36 07-12-2007 07:12 PM

Re: Is there anyway to make a Mississippi straddle/live straddle profitabl

yeah the mississippi straddle is awesome - i should've used it

i was def live straddling a lot too, it makes you look like an action player and can get people all-in in a hurry.

TheWorstPlayer 07-12-2007 07:40 PM

is there any time miss straddle is NOT profitable?

chisness 07-12-2007 07:58 PM

what is miss straddle?

Big_Jim 07-12-2007 08:10 PM

Just do it you nits. It's fun.

The Velour Fog 07-12-2007 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is miss straddle?

[/ QUOTE ]

im an online donk and would like to know as well [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

TheWorstPlayer 07-12-2007 08:18 PM

if only there were some way you guys could get information from your homes....perhaps a connection of sorts to a series of computers around the world...

chisness 07-12-2007 08:21 PM

Live straddle
The player immediately to the left of the big blind may place a live straddle blind bet. The straddle must be a raise over the big blind. A straddle is a live bet; the player placing the straddle effectively becomes the "bigger blind". Action begins with the player to the left of the straddle. If action returns to the straddle without a raise, the straddle has the option to raise. The player to the left of a live straddle may re-straddle by placing a blind bet raising the original straddle.

Mississippi straddle
A Mississippi straddle buys last action before the flop. House rules permitting Mississippi straddles are common in the southern United States. Usually, a Mississippi straddle can be made from any position, although some house rules only permit the button or the player to the right of the button to place a Mississippi straddle. Like a live straddle, a Mississippi straddle must be at least the minimum raise. Action begins with the player to the left of the straddle. If, for example (in a game with $10-$25 blinds), the button puts a live $50 on it, the first player to act would be the small blind, followed by the big blind, and so on. If action gets back to the straddle with no raise, the straddle has the option of raising. The player to the right of a Mississippi straddle may re-straddle by placing a blind bet raising the original straddle.